Survey: London Cycle Schem Industrial Design Project

Home Forums Data Survey: London Cycle Schem Industrial Design Project

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  DNicholson 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

DNicholson
    Participant

Hi all,

I am a final year Industrial Design student at Bournemouth University.

My project is looking into how the current London cycle scheme could be advanced. I’m focusing on a few key aspects, being confidence on busy London roads and also companionship on the road.

I want the average cyclist to be feel confident when getting onto the bike, ready to take on the challenging roads. I am also looking into how the bikes could subtly work together to gain more of a presence on the road.

Using design cues from the transition birds go from being stationary to being in transportation, they double in size and dominate their immediate area. Also looking at heart rate/pulse change when we are travelling along compared to when we are in a group. For example the bike lights could have a so called ‘pulse’ which goes faster when they are on their own, however when 2 or 3 bikes are close together the ‘pulse’ lights could subtly sync on the bikes giving the user a feeling of companionship without even knowing the other user.

I have put together a quick survey which i would really appreciate if people could answer. It wont take more than a minute or 2.

Just click on the following link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2TBP66V

Thanks very much, and if anyone is interested in learning more about my project or is willing to help give me opinions and thoughts through my design journey then don’t hesitate to get in touch with me either on this forum or my email ([email protected])

Thanks again,
    Daniel Nicholson
    Industrial Designer
    Bournemouth University

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.