My profile (Boris bikes)?

Home Forums Housekeeping My profile (Boris bikes)?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HowAboutNo 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anothereye
    Participant

How do I ad a picture (avitar?) to my profile?

Boris
    Keymaster

Hi there. The forum is using the very popular Gravatar system. You can get yours here – http://en.gravatar.com/

Make sure you use the same email address as you used to register on the forums.

Don't forget to add your own signature! 1) Click your name in the top left (under Home once logged in) 2) Click Edit link on the left menu 3) Fill in "Your Forum Signature" 4) Click Update Profile

HowAboutNo
    Participant

Are further features likely to be added such as buttons for quoting other members posts and adding images to posts? Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere. Thanks for the forum :)

Boris
    Keymaster

The forums are built using bbPress so I’m happy to consider any plugins available for it.

I did have an easy quote plugin enabled but it caused the site to break on iphones and android phones so I had to disable it. I’ll have another go at it in the near future. in the meantime you’ll need to copy/paste and use the quote button.

I haven’t set up image hosting yet so for now you need to host the image yourself (eg flickr or tweetphoto.com) then insert it using the IMG button.

More tips are written up in the Forums section at the bottom of the FAQ.

I’ve never run a forum before so I’m finding it very exciting and lots of fun. Just wish I had more time to put into it.

Don't forget to add your own signature! 1) Click your name in the top left (under Home once logged in) 2) Click Edit link on the left menu 3) Fill in "Your Forum Signature" 4) Click Update Profile

HowAboutNo
    Participant

Again, thanks for bothering! And for the tip of where to look for more info, maybe make the title of the FAQ to include “and this forum” as I skipped past it thinking it was just questions about the scheme. Also worth making a few FAQ threads about various hot topics “sticky” so they stay at the top for new members to find easily.

To be honest I originally only dipped into the forum quickly whilst at work, I’ll spend some more time reading it and finding stuff out.

Great idea to start it though, and am sure with the name you have it will be very popular and in time you’ll have others to help you run things day to day.

Good luck, and well done!

Oh, and whilst I’m being picky, a last 100 posts feature would be nice :wink:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.