iPhonify the forum

Home Forums Housekeeping iPhonify the forum

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Boris 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anthony.s
    Participant

I don’t seem to be able to post on the forum from an iPhone 4. Is it a general issue?

MarkE
    Participant

I think it’s going to be more to do with the forum software being out of a box rather than anything that borisbikes.co.uk can do to fix.

Same goes for my HTC Hero (G2) running on Android. I can enter tags but not text in the reply box.

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

Yes – same problem here. He needs to turn the fancy formatting (which noone uses!) in the text entry box off. I expect there will be an option….

Boris
    Keymaster

Hi guys. I’ve disabled the editor plugin so you should be able to post now from any device.

I set the forums up using bbPress (a branch of the WordPress project) and had the BB Wysiwig Editor plugin installed. I might try the TinyMCE plugin later today. I think it’s more compatible. I would like to give people a simple way to insert images and hyperlinks without needing any html knowledge.

Don't forget to add your own signature! 1) Click your name in the top left (under Home once logged in) 2) Click Edit link on the left menu 3) Fill in "Your Forum Signature" 4) Click Update Profile

MarkE
    Participant

Works fine now from my G2.

Boris
    Keymaster

I’ve installed a simper plugin called BBcode. TinyMCE was a bit chunky and overkill. I’ve tested the new plugin on an iPhone 4 and it seems to work OK. Let me know if it cause any problems on other devices.

Also, links to youtube clips will now automatically be converted to embedded videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MemuUw1pP_M

Don't forget to add your own signature! 1) Click your name in the top left (under Home once logged in) 2) Click Edit link on the left menu 3) Fill in "Your Forum Signature" 4) Click Update Profile
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.