Bike saddle

Home Forums Questions Bike saddle

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bvpi157 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

amber darr
    Participant

I am new to the Boris Bike and to bikes generally. Can someone give a dummies guide on how to adjust the saddle height? Thanks

bvpi157
    Participant

Hi Amber, the saddle is designed to be easily adjusted to your height. There are markings on the side of the post to help you find the right height. To adjust, look for the lever on the side of the seat post and release it. Wriggle the saddle up or down (depending on how high it is already) until you are happy with the height. I’m about 5’6″ and adjust it to a 3. Here is some guidance on the right height for you http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/how-to-get-your-seat-height-right-14608/ . I prefer a less ‘leg-efficient’ height so that I can definitely plant a good part of my foot on the ground when stopped! Once you have found the right height, make sure that the long black line is lined up with the front of the clamp – this makes sure that the saddle is straight. Then push the lever back into place. If the lever has worked a bit loose, spin it a bit tighter before you push it back into place. The easiest and quickest way though is to find your favourite setting and chose a bike that is already at that height. Saves a few seconds but feels epic!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.