What's going on today?

Home Forums Hate What's going on today?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  yorkiebar 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

boneshaker
    Participant

This may be the day I decided not to renew my annual membership.

Three docking stations full this morning (including one where the terminal said there were TWELVE free spaces) but that was nothing compared to this evening, where I went to no less than SIX full terminals in Vauxhall/Kennington between 7pm and 7.30pm. I eventually managed to dock at Vauxhall Cross after queuing for 15 minutes waiting for people to take bikes away. And all the while it was impossible to put extra time on my key because the terminals themselves were still insisting they had spaces in them, even though they patently didn’t.

Serco has just been fined £5 million for bad service, a staggering figure when you consider that annual revenue for the entire scheme is about half that. They were very apologetic when I called them tonight, but they still aren’t pulling their fingers out. I understand that the docking stations tend to fill up at the outer borders of the scheme, especially next to busy overground stations like Vauxhall. But where the hell are the teams who are meant to redistribute the bikes?

Time to have done with all this stress and buy myself a bike of my own. The only good thing about tonight is that it was very sociable, with dozens of harassed users circulating around the full docking stations and chit-chatting in a proper Dunkirk spirit.

yorkiebar
    Participant

Welcome to summer :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.