Waterloo Hell

Home Forums Hate Waterloo Hell

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Roo10 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

elephant
    Participant

Ok so I’m expecting too much a bike in the morning around say 8.20. There were over 30 just across waterloo bridge but none around waterloo, nearest south was Southwark.

And when I return at 6.15 no spaces anywhere I’m forced back towards Southwark and a ten minute walk.

WHat a pointless deeply frustrating system. No sign of bikes being moved or trucks waiting to let you check in and ferry them away.

So here’s the worse bit they have to move bikes around at some point just not when we want them.

BLOODY USELESS WALK, GET FRUSTRATED, CYLCLE, PARK IF YOUR LUCKY, CYCLE, CAN’T PARK, WALK AND WALK SYSTEM.

TUBE IS MUCH EASIER ALL ROUND.

Roo10
    Participant

Hi elephant,

To be fair the whole Waterloo, Kings Cross morning and evening commuter peak thing isn’t new, and the simple fact is there are more commuters than bikes/spaces in the peak commuting hours.

Since the scheme launched TfL/Serco have installed new docks around Waterloo and extended others. They have also installed a storage cage area in Waterloo station to facilitate extra bikes during peak times. The end result is a much improved experience on the original situation (read last years posts on the same subject) however you will experience difficulty at Waterloo during the times you mention.

Remember the bikes aren’t set up to take the huge commuter demand London faces everyday and that using them when you’re maybe not so pressed for time will result in a much more enjoyable experience.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.