Use you own bell?

Home Forums Love Use you own bell?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Chap 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

JoeW
    Participant

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone uses their own bell on a BB? It’s the pretty much only regular problem I have with bikes now – the bell not working. Pretty essential in the rush hour, with pedestrians likely to jump out behind a stopped bus (I know I could shout, but hey, I’m shy…)

It would have to be quick release – I can see one on Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/BBB-Quick-Release-Strap-Black/dp/B001EGN76I), but whether the rubber bands would hold up to twice-daily dismantling, I don’t know.

COOLBREEZE
    Participant

Yes, Indeed – I do use my own bell. It is a ping bell and I have secured it to the straps of my bag. Whilst this is not the most attractive addendum, I do strongly think that it has saved me knocking down some dude-on-the-mobile-phone, on no fewer than 3 separate occasions. It is well worth the effort and firmly puts me in the responsible cyclist bracket I have also added sexy hi-viz plastic strips on the back of my bag with superglue.

JoeW
    Participant

Replying to @COOLBREEZE‘s post:

Hmm, not sure I’d want to take my hands too far away from handle bar to ring bell – assume you have to?

COOLBREEZE
    Participant

Not sure why an adult would preface a reply by somebody trying to be helpful to YOU with Hmm.

Anyway – the bell is attached to straps at front of bag – for quick bell-ringing.

JoeW
    Participant

Wow, no offence meant (is “hmm” rude?). Thanks for the reply.

kxyhvagy221
    Participant

<b>oakley</b> 1/n Oakley in order to produce new services to get to know quite possibly the most hard must have in competent sports people, with the intention that via the faith in most world wide top notch sports people. That Jinguan Jun belonging to the up-to-date Toyota The sport of golf Old classic additionally, the universe number 1 Roy — John Roy (Rory McILroy <b>oakley frogskins sunglasses<b> ) is definitely the a good number of shiny starlet belonging to the Oakley The sport of golf family unit, she or he normally dressed up in Oakley The sport of golf Chain nationality, within age twenty two years of age the most beneficial history in 268 (15 with par), a brief history belonging to the Oughout. Erinarians. Opened, organized the whole world <b>oakey oakley sunglasses<b> in competent the sport of golf Wonderful Slam Container, undeniable potency belonging to the trade appraisal belonging to the “real Wu hereby successors. inch Found that Oakley The sport of golf Chain got on Japan thing, McIlroy proclaimed: “for that clubhouse competent, Oakley is actually a a good number of relied on label of accessories; as a result <b>discount oakley sunglasses<b> of schooling to help you competitiveness, Oakley was followed by and even are witness to a achieving success adventure, the application competent coverage and even high-quality in uniqueness, permit me to trust and even given a hand to all of us to help you have fun the ideal competitively priced grade. congratulate Oakley The sport of golf referred to as <b>oakley frogskins<b> typed in Japan Related to for getting choices and even the sport of golf acquaintances to express and even trading. inch The sport of golf contains great go through with the unique Oakley Offshore, Huang, all round office manager Hongda (Nicholas Huang), proclaimed: “With that uninterrupted creation in the sport of golf on Japan, this market is without <b>cheap oakley sunglasses for sale<b> a doubt sending with the lots of improvement possibility. We hope which will Oakley proficiency and even programs to help you China’s competent people and even the sport of golf collectors to make the ideal guidance and even accessories that will them all in the sales pitch designed for superb work and even distinct go through. Oakley, to perform complete <b>oakley sunglasses for sale<b> that Offshore the sport of golf beauty. inch Oakley The sport of golf Chain maximum lot of fashion, shoes and boots (just like the world wide lightest the sport of golf boots that Cipher), as well as other accents programs turned out to be an important sequence discharged on soon. <b>cheap oakley sunglasses<b>

Chap
    Participant

A lot of pedestrians, especially the tourists, will not notice unless you have a horn (due to headphones, and a lot of stressed people walking the streets – the cacophony of car horns does not help.)

It is probably not the answer that you want, but I think you would be probably be better just to accept the situatiion as it is, by all means bring a spare quick release bell, a helmet, and a set of blinkies (lights are sometimes dodgy) if you wish (probably best buying your own bike ;). However, the maxim I pootle by is that one should be sympathetic to those more vulnerable then therirselves:

• When I am on a bike, I watch out for pedestrians (cycle slow when there are a lot of them and try to anticipate those about to cross) whilst avoiding Addison Lee mini cabs :D
    • When I am in my car, sitck to the limit, adopt 20 is pleanty, and give cyclists a wide berth and plenty of time.
    • When I am in a van, I try to be very predictable and give cars space, cyclists even more, and drive slow where pedestrians are plentiful

Similarly, I’d just expect pedestrians to dart around, and cycle accordingly. Perhaps the break is more important than the bell ;)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.