Updating card details

Home Forums Hate Updating card details

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ruzzi 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

WilliamTM
    Participant

Just tried to update my card details. That was fun. I tried both a Visa debit and MasterCard credit card, both refused to work. I got this error:

Quote:
    Please check the following and try again.

An error occured during the payment method update. Please try again.

Basically, it flat out refused to update my card details. I eventually tried buying a 24 hour access period, and that, for some reason, worked, and updated them, but simply updating the card info alone doesn’t work. Anyone else had a similar problem?

I tried to email them about it too, but their contact form said “Invalid.” and refused to submit my email. I swear their site is made out of lots of broken things sticky taped together.

vidl
    Participant

Website is terrible.

Card issues come from using a card ad-hoc then trying to buy longer-term access. You can;t use the same card. This is not mentioned on the site.

The “invalid” on the contact form is if you use ANY punctuation. Emailed them about this on more than one occasion, and have been ignored. Actually, I’ve emailed them on many occasions via the form and although I get an email “we’ll get back to you within 5 working days” I have never heard anything.

Ruzzi
    Participant

Replying to @vidl‘s post:

I wrote direct to barclayscyclehire@tfl.gov.uk on the 18th March about the “invalid” problem and on 30th March received the following reply from an Investigations Officer:

“With regards to the website problems you are experiencing, we are aware of this issue and are working hard to resolve it.”

I can imagine what your reply to the above statement might be knowing that it is still not fixed! If I were a cynic, I might think it was to give them breathing space to answer a backlog of enquiries.

I have just sent a chase up e-mail.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.