Undocking difficult – is it just me?

Home Forums Questions Undocking difficult – is it just me?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  jamsandwich 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

JoeW
    Participant

4 out 5 times when undocking yesterday and today, I couldn’t get the bike out without a lot of pulling and quite a delay. On one occasion I waited, and noticed the green light flashing, after which it seemed to undock easily.

Is there a delay between the green light going on, and the bike actually being free from its lock?

If so, I’ll be patient and save myself the embarrassment of struggling with it.

parsingphase
    Participant

I thought green light flashing meant “running out of time to undock”. Certainly not a smooth process un-anchoring these beasts.

JoeW
    Participant

Yes, that makes sense – the flashing. I forgot to mention, on one occasion, a “helper” did say that you sometimes have to wait a while for it to unlock, so I’m just searching for some confirmation. Or maybe it’s a glitch. Or maybe I’m just a weakling!

parsingphase
    Participant

The brochure says “Orange light: confirming your account; Green light: undock”. Nothing about flashing.

lovingboth
    Participant

Yep, they’re hard to get out. On the other hand, given their weight perhaps the idea is that if you’re not strong enough to pull the bike out, you’re not strong enough to ride it? :)

PhilA
    Participant

The first bikes I tried to get out I spent a good chunk of time trying to get it out of the dock – I think some of them are just VERY stiff.

I’ve since found out the way to get them out smoothly, but it’s going to be harder for the new users, or once it comes online, the “one off” users.

JoeW
    Participant
    Quote:
    I’ve since found out the way to get them out smoothly

Please share your knowledge! I’m still finding it hard

craig
    Participant

Lift from the saddle? Tilting it up from the rear seems to help.

mattradack
    Participant

Just grab them by the handlebars and give them a good yank. I was very frustrated the first day of the scheme because I was convinced that there was something wrong with my key, but alas I was just being too gentle. The bikes like it rough.

Mattdad
    Participant

Replying to @JoeW‘s post:

I too find it tough to yank the bike out of the dock it doesn’t help that I have a weak back. I now stand astride the bike and use my backside pushed against the saddle and my arms to pull and nudge the bike out. Hope this helps.

Participant

Replying to @Mattdad‘s post:

Lift the back of the bike up by the seat (only needs to be 6 inches) then drop it. It’ll un-dock itelf.

jamsandwich
    Participant

yeah the bounce method is the OFFICIAL way to undock. although recently Ive noticed that ive had to bounce it higher and higher to get it to undock.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.