TfL cycle hire app. on Android – Ice Cream Sandwich

Home Forums Love TfL cycle hire app. on Android – Ice Cream Sandwich

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  boris4norris 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

boris4norris
    Participant

I used to use the android app multiple times each day, when my Samsung S2 ran on the Android software it shipped with. Then I changed the software to Android Ice Cream Sandwich and bang, the app no longer works – when I open it, it freezes then crashes, has been so for months. Have reported to TfL but no response received.

Was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if so, if they found a way to get round it? Without the app the scheme has become a bit hit-and-miss for me.

:oops:

Bimbles
    Participant

Have you tried other apps?

Which exact app was it? I didn’t think TfL had produced one though I know Barclays have…

meveritt7
    Participant

Yes, Barclays has produced one that works with ICS and its pretty good, gives clear info on bikes and spaces using TfL data and you can plan a route

boris4norris
    Participant

Bimbles – I believe that the one I had was from TfL, but it did have Barclays branding on the load screen so I may well be mistaken. In a fit of frustration I deleted it from my phone so I can’t check.

Meveritt7 – I just downloaded the Barclays branded app that’s available in the Google Store and it works, and it’s more functional than the version I had before. Happy days!

Thanks to you both for your help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.