System not fit for purpose

Home Forums Hate System not fit for purpose

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bkbas 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bkbas
    Participant

I have been using the Boris bike system for several months now to get from Waterloo to Park St 2-3 evenings a week. On average the system crashes or I cannot get a bike 3 out of every 4 times I use it. I cannot believe that I am the only person to have thos much problesm, and if not then whay the hell is the system still active. it should be suspended until it can be made to work properly. I have now given up totally and walk to stop me going totally insane with frustration (not to mention the amount of time I have spent calling the helpless line to try to get a bike or a refund.

Cathryn
    Participant

Been using it 2-3 times a day for a year. Problems are rare, and becoming rarer. Maybe once a week I have to go to s second dock to park or get a bike. It works as well as any train line i’ve ever commuteid on, and is much more fun.

zefrog
    Participant

Agree with Cathryn. I have used the bikes at least twice a day for the past year and have few problems. Recently the IT system has improved a bit too (the bikes are released much faster than they used it be). There are still problems with the availability data though. I think the quality of your experience depends a lot on which stations you are using. I am lucky to use ones that are not all that popular so I few problems getting or getting rid of bikes

bkbas
    Participant

to clarify I only use Waterloo or the area around it (Stamford St etc)to hire and that is where I always have problems. On return journey I get bike from Southwark St or opposite the Globe and that is less troublesome although I get something like 1 in 3 fails there. Time is always around 19:00 to hire and 22:00-24:00 to return (when there is very little chance of docking at Waterloo anyway) BK

Trevor8
    Participant

The poll reads “is hire system fit for purpose for casual user” (i.e. not annual users). Annual users may only rarely experience problems these days, but I have to agree with bkbas, amongst casual users I know, some sort of IT based system failure occurs more often than not.

bkbas
    Participant

Replying to @bkbas‘s post:

yes, I am specifically talking about users who have to use the debit card system to get a bike, not the users who have a subscribed key which I understand works pretty wel most of the time. Please don’t scew the voting by saying it is OK if you are using a key

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

Oops – I ticked “no problems” and I am an annual user. This needs to be made clearer – perhaps you should relabel the thread title to “Reliability Poll for Casual Users”. The current title is a bit over-ranty anyway! :-p

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

@bkbas – if you are using the system that much – why not save your sanity and get a key?!

bkbas
    Participant

Replying to @bkbas‘s post:

I have started new poll as suggested as I know the system mostly works for key holders. The system failure seems mostly centred around the transaction handling of the debit/credit card

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.