RUBBISH – that's me done with this farce then

Home Forums Hate RUBBISH – that's me done with this farce then

This topic contains 39 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  jamsandwich 4 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

ChrisD
    Participant

I have been a regular user since day 1 and love the scheme……BUT, it does drive me mad when, as others have said, you keep getting red lights for no apparent reason. It happened to me this morning at no fewer than 5 different stations. I ended up having to walk to work and only just made it. Very frustrating, grumble, grumble, mutter, mutter……

Cathryn
    Participant

I have been commuting by bicycle for 2 months now, averaging about 13 bikes a week. Once, I was not able to get a bike, and walked the whole way. Once I got a bike half way, and then couldn’t get another one so walked home. Once a week at most I am not able to get a bike where I want it, and have to walk to another station.

In the 2 years I was commuting from Kings X to Cambridge, I would have been very grateful for one or two major disruptions in 2 months and the odd 5 minute delay.

Just thought I’d share (slightly smug I know :P )

congokid
    Participant

Replying to @Cathryn‘s post:

Quote:
    I would have been very grateful for one or two major disruptions in 2 months and the odd 5 minute delay.

True – and at least with the bikes, you’re on the street and have other options available (taxi, bus, minicab) if your journey is time sensitive.

On the underground and overground rail once you get stuck between stations you’re at the mercy of the system. Often when you’ve swiped (and paid) to get into a station and down to the platform, only to encounter delays, it’s tempting just to wait there in the hope the problem is sorted out. But it can be a long wait. If you swipe out after five minutes or so at the same station, is a journey recorded and charged on the oyster card?

matthew barry
    Participant

Repyling to the CongoKid… “If you swipe out after five minutes or so at the same station, is a journey recorded and charged on the oyster card?” – Yes, a lot! The full amount for the day which is about £4.50. I helped an elderly relative take some suitcases onto the platform and once on the tube, went back out and thought nothing of it. Only later when I looked at my Oyster card account I realsied I had been hit with a massive charge.

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

If you call the oyster helpline they will refund this kind of overcharge. But yes, it should happen automatically, poor that it doesn’t.

Then again, in comparison with the Boris bikes, the Oyster system is a miracle of robustness and efficiency!

GMRK
    Participant

I managed to hire a bike ok first time at Park Street and Hop Exchange Thursday this week, maybe things are getting back to normal.

jacob123
    Participant

Wow – I am stunned. Today myself and my partner picked up bikes – everything worked, both keys were fine, the docking station was fine….can’t believe my luck. First time in two months that it has worked properly (now if my cycle history online just reflected the fact that I have used bikes since February this year!)

COOLBREEZE
    Participant

I have been using the scheme for about 9 months now. During this time I have made over a thousand journeys. During this time I have had only two serious problems – one of them was 2 weeks ago when my key died completely. I have telephoned serco staff about 10 times with small problems such as red lights , etc. I have found the staff to be exceptionally helpful. My new key arrived within 3 days as promised. They have always returned my calls and have always been cheerful. This is a big system which is still under review. I am confident the bugs will be sorted out. My main gripes would be:

Poor road sense and selfish riding by many Boris Bikers. Many of them are a hazard to other road users. The bells on the bikes are poorly designed and made which means they dont work. The redistribution of bikes varies according to the quality of staff in the different areas of London. Leicester Square area is the worst in my opinion.

radii8
    Participant

Replying to @COOLBREEZE‘s post:

Quote:
    Poor road sense and selfish riding by many Boris Bikers. Many of them are a hazard to other road users.

I have to admit, I am pretty good as long as I know where I am going. Take me off my ‘known’ route, I turn into a ‘bad boris biker’. The bit that makes it the most difficult is complete lack of signage at cyclist level, and multiple lanes of cars which means you can’t see where you are going for a sea of cars in front of you, until you are very near the junction. Even with a map you can’t always tell which lane you are supposed to be in.

jamsandwich
    Participant

got a call back from the callcentre about my call logged on June 3rd..

“There doesnt appear to be anything wrong with your account so…. err… nothing we can do about it”

FFS

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.