RUBBISH – that's me done with this farce then

Home Forums Hate RUBBISH – that's me done with this farce then

This topic contains 39 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  jamsandwich 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

jacob123
    Participant

Yep, that’s it – they don’t want you calling them. My email contact send 7 days ago has still not been replied to…

radii8
    Participant

Replying to @jacob123‘s post:

7 days? Pah. Most of my callbacks happen a timely 2 – 8 weeks later. If you get a call back in 7 days you’re doing well

westcountrytim
    Participant

I’ve had very few problems so far, with reasonably regular use.

If I was getting regular problems I would ask for a new key fob. It might be you have a faulty one.

The ratio of docking stations to bikes needs to be higher, which would be my main problem.

Ruzzi
    Participant

I am an annual member and like westcountrytim have had very few problems in the eight months that I have used this brilliant scheme – hiring most weeks but mostly outside of rush hour. Although frustrating sometimes empty or full docks are to be expected unless Serco have not been carrying out sensible re-distribution, which except for traffic holdups and vehicle breakdowns I can see no excuse for. It’s no use TFL saying the scheme was not designed for commuters as it is considered part of transport which also includes river bus services and taxis and which commuters use.

The only two overcharges in May I thought I had from incorrect arrival details on the journey record have ironically both appeared correct on my account activity listing and which have only just appeared dated May 10th / 11th!

However even I can see that the software is unreliable – surely the system testers of the third party software company have a docking station, points and bikes replication and appropriate environment to use thoroughly? There cannot be excuses for any bug ridden software updates as recently occurred.

It would appear 24 hour membership still has problems when auto-renew is not selected.

And the casual hire process remains very user unfriendly with no indication of improving and from observation at busier docking stations is definitely the cause of the overload of phone enquiries to customer services some of which are:

No on screen help messages during the process

A minimum of two inserts of the CC/DC into the reader – crazy in 2011 (3 or more when two or more bikes requested) – which slows up the process considerably as users have put their cards back into wallets, purses etc

No reason messages if the transaction is refused

Confusion about charges (the docking station itself does not make clear that the access charge is PLUS the usage one – nor in fact the on screen display) Printed brochures do!

Release codes print separately, but only after the CC/DC is entered yet again into the reader.

Many users where two or more bikes are required think the one release code is for all of the bikes requested!

Of course once you know the casual hire process even though it is complex, it becomes straight forward to hire.

Several members of the GLA are now on board with some of these problems and will question the Mayor about them. The high usage figures give the impression everything is great but I have seen a lot of unhappy and disappointed people including members walk away from the scheme.

Fingers crossed this great scheme improves dramatically in its reliability before the summer arrives.

radii8
    Participant

Replying to @Ruzzi‘s post:

Quote:
    Fingers crossed this great scheme improves dramatically in its reliability before the summer arrives.

Don’t hold your breath :twisted:

jamsandwich
    Participant

So Ive SUCCESSFULLY used the system from the last few days..

Its definitely something to do with the frequency of the use. As I stated I generally use it once a month and EVERYTIME have had to ring up the centre to “do something to my key” to get the bike to release.

However – In the past 3 days (since my original diatribe) Ive managed to get bikes released each day and on BH Monday I even managed to run the old 30minute scam and get 4 bikes out in a journey around London. (however, I passed many casual users having problems with the multiple hire codes).

I can only put it down to software and comms issues. It appears the terminals are connected over GSM/3G but this just doesnt appear to be connecting often enough to make the system work. And the data to the apps is a f**kin mess

Im now on a bit of a truce with the system, hopefully Ill manage to keep up some regular usage over the summer to keep my key “online”.

BrigitteBardotBikes
    Participant

I have my own bike now. Like others here I was a supporter of the scheme and was willing to accept teething problems for a while but now it has become a joke and there’s blatant lack of will/funds/staff that is undermining this scheme.

GMRK
    Participant

Replying to @jamsandwich‘s post:

jamsandwich when you said:

Today at Park St I tried several bikes – all long Amber then red lights while other people tool bikes out from either side of me.

I tried to the terminal to “refresh my account” as has been suggested over the phone on numerous occasions. But that didn’t change anything. I went to ANOTHER dock and tried bikes there – all reds.

I had the same problem at Park Street last week and also round the corner at the Hop Exchange and was told the same to use the terminal to refresh my key. I’ve just tried to do that at Park Street and Hop Exchange but both terminals had crashed so couldn’t do anything.

I’m an occassional user also so it’s becoming frustrating when unable to release a bike, is the solution to use the casual hire instead? I was thinking of paying for the full year’s access instead of my current 24hr but am having doubts now if problems are going to continue.

jacob123
    Participant

Funny sight a few days ago on Commercial Road, E1 – currently one of the last outposts going East. Not always a good supply of bikes for obvious reasons I guess. Usually if you wait a few mins someone arrives with one. Barclays Bike Hire hatchback pulls up – so I think it must be that the docking station is out of order as it looks like a maintenance vehicle. Then I see the guy struggling to take two bikes out of the back of his very small hatchback. I suppose I should say 10 out of 10 for effort, but if that’s the best way to service empty docking stations, then something is wrong…

iguiyichm
    Participant

First,Thanks for your share!

Does Louis Vuitton have an outlet? Who really knows but you can find some really great deals whether you are looking for a LV authentic or replica.

For more information please visit here

louis vuitton alma

louis vuitton artsy mm

louis vuitton monogram canvas artsy gm

louis vuitton neverfull

louis vuitton artsy

louis vuitton epi leather

louis vuitton speedy 30

louis vuitton luggage

louis vuitton wallets

guiyichm0607

jamsandwich
    Participant

Aaaaand the f@cking system is down again.

Park street

Globe

Hop ex

Backside

All reject my dongle.

yorkiebar
    Participant

Yup, I was walking this evening. The serco guy at Bouverie St mentioned that the system was happing problems. Good timing with the consultants coming in to have a long look at Serco :)

radii8
    Participant

Replying to @BrigitteBardotBikes‘s post:

Quote:
    I have my own bike now. Like others here I was a supporter of the scheme and was willing to accept teething problems for a while but now it has become a joke and there’s blatant lack of will/funds/staff that is undermining this scheme.

Awesome! Is it a brompton? :)

As far as the scheme goes I expect they will see this as the ultimate ‘success story’. I think the idea was to encourage people who wouldn’t normally cycle, and in the case of commuters where there will never be enough bikes to meet the demand, to gravitate from the scheme to personal use. Appreciate your decision is borne out of frustration though. :(

martinc
    Participant

No luck at Queen Street tonight, but I chatted to a few other people who wanted a bike, and then a lady at the helpdesk, and then a Serco man in a van. Then I walked home. Yes, it’s frustrating but it’s cheap and when it’s good it’s damn good.

Keep the faith jamsandwich et al!

jamsandwich
    Participant

Replying to @martinc‘s post:

THIS

“it’s cheap and when it’s good it’s damn good.”

Then This

“then i walked home.”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.