Problems hiring 2 bikes

Home Forums Questions Problems hiring 2 bikes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  davidbutler 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ukleafer
    Participant

Yesterday I tried hiring 2 bikes for a short trip. I managed to print out two release code tickets, and we released the first bike before discovering that the release keypads on the remaining stations with bikes had all been vandalised, with the button contacts scratched out. My friend walked with her bike with me to a nearby station, and I printed another release code there and got my bike. All fine.

For the way back, we attempted to get two bikes again. The first release code printed okay, but when trying to print the second, the terminal said “error processing your request” when inserting my card to check if there was an existing booking associated with it. I tried several times, then at two nearby bike stations, and got the same message each time. We ended up walking back.

Where did I go wrong? I have a funny feeling that getting the bikes from different stations on the outward journey confused things a bit.

Matt
    Participant

You should call the helpdesk as one of the journeys might still be active and you could be charged a full fare.

ukleafer
    Participant

Just gave them a call now, they confirmed no charges or anything outstanding so I’m okay on that front. Maybe it was just a bad day for the system.

The vandalism was a real shame though. The buttons should maybe be a bit more scratch/blade proof. Perhaps steel keys like on phonebooth keypads.

Matt
    Participant

They generally still work if the numbers are missing, just trust it and the light will go green :)

davidbutler
    Participant

Replying to @Matt’s post:

Hello matt from looking at my online banking i do believe i am going to be charged twice for a short ride could you pleease let me have the helpline ohone number

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.