Poppy Bikes

Home Forums Events Poppy Bikes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  radii8 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Boris
    Keymaster

I have just been emailed the following information:

Gold medal cyclist Geraint Thomas launches the Barclays Cycle Hire London Poppy Day initiative with the Royal British Legion at Charing Cross station earlier today. Barclays is donating £1 for every journey made using the Barclays Cycle Hire scheme. The ‘Poppy Bikes’ will remain in the fleet to continue raising awareness of the cause until after Remembrance Sunday.

VAKTJl.jpg

So has anyone spotted any of the Poppy Bikes yet?

Don't forget to add your own signature! 1) Click your name in the top left (under Home once logged in) 2) Click Edit link on the left menu 3) Fill in "Your Forum Signature" 4) Click Update Profile

Bimbles
    Participant

Saw a couple this morning.

There was a pic in the Standard on Tuesday evening.

ruth_dt
    Participant

Yes, I saw one a few days ago, when I was approaching a dock head-on – the poppy really stands out in a row of blue Barclays logos. I wondered at the time who was doing it, as the sticker was exactly the right size, it looked purposeful.

martinc
    Participant

What a lovely photo! I just hope the bus doesn’t knock him off.

radii8
    Participant

Me – I hired one :wink: but didn’t realise it was TfL approved! It’s a super idea, I loved riding a bike with a poppy on the front :) Drivers drive more carefully around you too… I wish Barclays would do more of this kind of corporate ‘good in the community’ branding on the front of the bike, instead of their intense barclays branding which is all over the bike anyway, and docking stations

What about using that spot to promote cyclist safety, and the advantage and convenience of cycling in Central London? Or local projects that people may not be aware of? That would link Barclays with good stuff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.