Parkway -Holborn Horro Story

Home Forums Hate Parkway -Holborn Horro Story

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ashbro 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

scrollif
    Participant

So I usually use these bikes (casual user) and I already had one incident in which they took 400 pounds out of me, because apparently I never returned the bike. Eventually we sorted this out. But on Sunday I took the bike from Holborn to Parkway (as I usually do)and docked it there.Next morning I was not able to use my card on the docking station. I thought this was technical error,and moved on to the next docking station in Morning Crescent but I got the same problem.After calling them they told me that I had yet not returned my bike. They gave me a number of the bike and I had to walk back to Parkway where I found it. The bike was there, and was locked but the sensor did not picked up the bike. They told me that now they were able to allow me to use the bike scheme, but I would have to pay 50 pounds, for the hours I “used” the bike. I find this outrageous, and I told them I will not pay. I also asked them for a refund inmediatly but I got an email from them saying that they reviewed and I should go for a formal complaint. I am wasting my time and money thanks to these people, and I think that these sensors issue is a great handicap to the scheme. I would appreciate some advice on how to move this forward.

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

Did you get a green light when you docked it?

If you did then there is no justification for TfL to charge you.

If you didn’t…

scrollif
    Participant

Yes I got the green light, I usually wait for it because I have been warned before about this, so I take extra care. Thanks

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

In that case they should refund you. No questions asked!

Ruzzi
    Participant

Even if I get the green light when docking, I always print out a journey record, which takes seconds and proves the bike has been docked correctly. I did this on Sunday when I docked at Parkway.

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

I never print a journey record. If we had to do that every time it defeats the convenience of the scheme…

Ruzzi
    Participant

Replying to @cyclingnewbie post:

Your absolutely right of course – but it is an available choice and being retired (66) I have the time to use it – LOL

scrollif
    Participant

Hi I agree that printing the journey could be a good strategy but you should not be on the defensive to use this service. In any case after I wrote a letter, and wrote to a lot of people, they agreed to offer a refund. They had a problem with the sensors, and they acknowledged it.They solved the matter quickly, and that is a good point on their side, but still it was quite upsetting. I will see if I use this service again.

malcolmb1963
    Participant

I used to print receipts every time then realised that getting to the point where you can select to print the journey you have just done shows the bike is docked. Just touch “Home” instead of the journey. Saves collecting a wallet full of paper.

scrollif
    Participant

That is a good tip. Actually I started using this service again, and I am now printing all my receipts They never send back an “appreciation” gift to compensate my phone calls. I got a very supportive emails from local authorities and they tabled questions about the scheme, which hopefully will help to improve it.

ashbro
    Participant

You now get a message that says if the journey is less than 10 minutes you ‘might’ not get a receipt. I often make a short journey from the tube station to my flat and half the time I can get a receipt and the other half I can’t. It seems they are removing the option of proving you docked.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.