OVER CHARGED and fed up!

Home Forums Hate OVER CHARGED and fed up!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  BrianFWombat 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Zimbo
    Participant

I really want to love these bikes but the glitches with payments are doing my head in. This one has to take the cake… I arrived at Canon Street Station yesterday and went to the nearest docking station. I inserted my key only to get a red light. I tried again… and again, tried a different bike, and another then decided to walk. After 15min I passed another docking station and thought there was no harm in trying again. Alas the red light came up again. When I finally arrived in the office, half an hour late I decided to log on to my account to find out what was wrong. I discovered to my horror that I had been charged 8 times.

Today I tried it again and was unable to release a bike, yet again they charged me for even trying. They’ll recoup their costs in no time!

I am also one of the many to be caught out by the multiple key issue. I decided to get a key for my wife thinking we’d be charged a pound each time we used a key. This would be ideal for ad-hoc usage. Instead because I have 2 keys I am charged double every time I take out one bike. My wife hardly uses her key. I don’t understand why anyone would ever want to use this facility, there is absolutely no advantage in it! Can anyone explain to me why I would opt for 2 keys on one account rather than 2 accounts with one key? It just doesn’t make any sense and I really feel they need to rectify this ridiculous ‘loop-hole’.

yorkiebar
    Participant

I feel your pain!

http://www.borisbikes.co.uk/topic.php?id=1036

Phoned up the call centre yesterday and explained my situation. The operator said he’d action a refund for the bogus subscription charges and today on my account I can see four “adjustment” entries of -£1 each. The total “Unbilled charges” amount is unchanged at £8 from pre-adjustment however. Crazy, who knows what I’ll end up getting billed on my card.

Participant

Replying to @Zimbo’s post:

Quote:
    Can anyone explain to me why I would opt for 2 keys on one account rather than 2 accounts with one key? It just doesn’t make any sense and I really feel they need to rectify this ridiculous ‘loop-hole’.

No. Can’t explain it. Was probably a mis-interpreted requirement by the software developers that wasn’t noticed till it was too late.

Why don’t you call Serco, cancel the 2nd key and rectify the “loop hole” yourself?!

BrianFWombat
    Participant

Replying to @Zimbo’s post:

I had a similar experience until I switched to the annual scheme.

PS

NEVER use the expensive number for the call centre!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.