Other cities

Home Forums Love Other cities

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

screech
    Participant

Just saw a friends pictures from Boston and they have also introduced the scheme.

Really interesting to see the same bikes in a different colour scheme and with a different sponsor.

I recall people commenting on the artist’s impressions of the scheme, as having far less blanket branding.

1238770297677-2bzb1qxyigj6-670-75.jpg

These are quite different:

It appears the front logo panel on the basket might have been a Barclay’s concession.

307519_259083510781738_205689472787809_946997_7756536_n.jpg

davidq100
    Participant

Good to see that the compulsion to swivel the bell to face-up is not just a UK thing. I’ve yet to find one the new bikes that apparently have the bell fixed downwards btw.

Matt
    Participant

Replying to @davidq100‘s post:

Haha I used to put the bell upwards when I started riding as it seemed more natural, but then slowly realised that it’s more natural on the thumb to have it pointing downwards (also noticed that they work a lot better in the rain if kept in the downwards position) :)

Went to Paris for a long weekend (got back last night!) and looked at their bikes, they look a lot nicer and distribution seems much better over there – even at Gare de Nord!

The only problem was they do a pre-authorisation of €150 as a sort of deposit for the bikes, so I didn’t really want to take one out in case I get a surprise bill from HSBC for foreign transactions :(

ashbro
    Participant

I’m off to Boston later this year. Any idea whether they allow casual users?

Matt
    Participant

Replying to @ashbro‘s post:

Yep! (click me)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.