"One Less Cyclist" bumper sticker

Home Forums Love "One Less Cyclist" bumper sticker

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  collergeo 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

mattradack
    Participant

This guy parks his Mercedes on Queens Gate. As I was taking this picture a smart dressed man walked up to me and said, “I know this man. He’s a dickhead. I promise I won’t tell if you key his car.”

Normally I would not condone such juvenile vandalism, but this is clearly someone looking for a fight:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mattradack/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCPfktazrmtOjtwE#5506872745813856210

mcgroa
    Participant

maybe came with his membership to IAM

craig
    Participant
    Quote:
    maybe came with his membership to IAM

I doubt it.

I’ve emailed the IAM drawing their attention that maybe one of their members has agressive anti-cycling tendencies. :evil:

nickb
    Participant

Shouldn’t it read ‘One fewer cyclist’?

Anothereye
    Participant

Years ago I had a tee-shirt with “one less car” on the back of it.

This seems like a grotesque mutation.

craig
    Participant

had a response from the IAM,

Quote:
    Dear Craig,

Thank you for your email and for the photo showing what appears to be an IAM member’s car with an aggressive sticker concerning cyclists.

Obviously, this is not the sort of message the IAM wants to be associated with in any way. On the contrary, the IAM actively encourages cyclists to be safer on the road and for other road users to be more respectful and aware of cyclists whilst out driving. To this end, in our next communication with the IAM groups, we will be stating the case for the IAM to be assisting cyclists for the good of all road users.

Hopefully, the message will get through to this member who will then remove the sticker and at the very least, will not display such an attitude towards cyclists. We all have a right to use the road and the IAM is doing all it can to get this across to the road-using public.

Thanks and regards

Duncan

Duncan Pickering

Market Development Manager (Charity and Cycling)

Anothereye
    Participant

Nice one Craig; that’s a win.

mattradack
    Participant

Duncan Pickering, I’m buying you a beer.

mattradack
    Participant

I’ll also admit to not even knowing what IAM when I took the photo or posted it. Now that I’ve looked it up, it’s that much funnier. Here’s their mission statement taken directly from their website:

“As the UK’s leading road safety charity, we are dedicated to increasing skills for all road users, raising driving and riding standards and helping to save lives on our roads. Becoming part of the IAM is a great way to enhance your driving and riding skills in an safe, enjoyable and educational environment.”

christianh
    Participant

I really hate inconsistent biggotry/prejudice. :? If you are going to be anti-cyclist (and its a view I think he has the right to express (possibly less aggressively)) then at least be consistent and don’t pretend to espouse the values of roadcraft and skilled driving!

Lovely thing is that the kind of hatred the driver is espousing appears to not only be alien to us but also the IAM. 10/10 to them for their reply as well. Right message and nicely worded.

RoryB
    Participant

Does this constitute an admission of a previously unreported criminal act by the driver? Have the police been informed that the owner of the car has clearly committed manslaughter (at the very least)?

:)

collergeo
    Participant

personally, i think it’s uninspiring graphically at the moment. It would benefit by something more visually interesting, like, say building the fish entirely out of Poisson pdf curves and bumper sticker, with the various coordinate axes greyed in in the right places.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.