Olympic Road Network :(

Home Forums Hate Olympic Road Network :(

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 5 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Participant

The mixture of the Olympic Road Network and closed roads are making it impossible to get anywhere :(

Hyde Park is pretty much unreachable from the South East (L Bridge), you have to go up Piccadilly and along Oxford Circus!

urban
    Participant

Can’t you do South Bank -> Westminster Bridge?

radii8
    Participant

Is that why there was traffic standstill along Oxford Street all the way to Holborn? I have never seen so many buses in one long snaking line for over a mile, going nowhere fast. Poor passengers :(

congokid
    Participant

On the Embankment, they’ve blacked out the CS8 markings and inserted a Games lane, which means drivers are encroaching into what used to be a cycle superhighway, even where the Games lanes aren’t in use.

I feel that the change in road layout, the additional road side electronic displays about which Games lanes are open and shut, the continued presence of the blue lanes and road closures all contribute to make it more dangerous for cyclists.

radii8
    Participant

On the bright side, I have really enjoyed the physical segregation provided to route pedestrians away from crossings, and down central reservations of some roads. Not for cyclists particularly, but has made cycling on busy roads in the SW1 / W1 area great in places. Cheers Boris! :-)

Matt
    Participant

Looks like they’ve reopened the set of docks near the morning exit of Charing Cross station :)

It was strange closing those as the ones on the other side of the road were left open

Matt
    Participant

Actually scrap that, they just seem to be using to store faulty bikes :S

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.