New dockings station – current list

Home Forums Love New dockings station – current list

This topic contains 91 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Boris 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • Author

Ruzzi
    Participant

Docked in Royal Mews Victoria this afternoon and noticed a short distance away a new Docking Station “Cardinal Place” with 24 points and sited appropriately next to LA Fitness. Not yet active but can’t be long before it is?

ashbro
    Participant

Looks like a new one going in on Praed Street. Good news as the ones on South Wharf Rd and Winsland Street tend to get emptied early on by Paddington commuters.

martinc
    Participant

Good news! And answering my own question I saw a new one under construction today by the Thames just east of Chelsea Bridge, right on superhighway 8.

davidq100
    Participant

Replying to @martinc‘s post:

I wonder whether a large docking station on the pavement at Westminster Square opposite Parliament would kill two (of the Mayor’s) birds with one stone: give the MP’s their BB docking and prevent those anti-war protesters from living there.

mattradack
    Participant

What the hell does the supposed “UK Council of the Year” Hammersmith & Fulham have to do get on the bike scheme?

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

Be an Olympic host borough whose main Olympic event was stolen, or … Spend some money.

With the current administration there, the latter is not going to happen.

Ruzzi
    Participant

Coming out of The Young Vic tonight to go to Southwark Station and noticed a new docking station tower. Well two to be precise containing about 80 points and in a semi circle to the rear of the station entrance. It is fenced in but on first sight looks very well laid out even providing, non boris bike stands.

Me thinks “The Cut” might now become a rat run to and from Waterloo Station?

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

More details here of the Southwark superdock here:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/5068

jamsandwich
    Participant

Interesting objection from IPCmedia in a linked article on the expansion of Bankside Mix

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/4986

ive observed ALL the staff from the Bluefin walking out a snagging bikes constantly throughout the day – id say its perfectly located.

jamsandwich
    Participant

Its interesting that theyre putting a super dock at southwark – its not really a “destination” or “departure” based tube station is it?

I suppose for its recent build and size and capacity it is massively underused and it might be come a hub for alternative waterloo traffic coming in on and off the jubilee line.

Cant help thinking that number of docks and bikes would be better deployed elsewhere though.

radii8
    Participant

Replying to @jamsandwich‘s post:

Quote:
    Cant help thinking that number of docks and bikes would be better deployed elsewhere though.

They could have a super dock in Cavendish Square, where there is reams of empty grey space. It’s just behind Oxford Street, a useful place to have bike docking space.

However, I like the idea of superdocks and placing it above a station is genius. :-)

martinc
    Participant

I agree about Cavendish.

I visited Southwark yesterday, looks almost ready to go.

Also, there are ‘holes in the ground’ outside the V and A, and also on Cheapside, let’s hope they go live soon. Otherwise I haven’t seen much that’s new. Can we have more in the Green Park, St James Park area please??

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

Hi Martinc, Take a look at this map – this is where the extra docks are planned (you get your wish)

http://www.borisbikes.co.uk/topic.php?id=1048

martinc
    Participant

I’m not entirely happy newbie, the new dock will be at Green Park tube, nice enough, but there are no cycle lanes to connect it to the Mall and St James Park, which are a really poorly served area. I’ve taken up the issue of a Mall dock with Royal Parks, but no luck yet. But overall, yes, I like the new docks. Hope they appear soon.

Some good news for City types, I cycled down Cheapside today and the very large new dock there is almost ready to launch. Not a moment too soon.

jamsandwich
    Participant

from that map there appears to be a new dock on the northeast side of London Bridge – which is very much needed!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.