New dockings station – current list

Home Forums Love New dockings station – current list

This topic contains 91 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Boris 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • Author

ozzage
    Participant

Thanks to somebody’s FOI request, TFL has just provided a full list of proposed docking stations for the expansion. City is extremely under-represented unfortunately, but there are a LOT in Westminster.

There is a linked PDF on this page

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/expansion_of_cycle_hire_scheme#incoming-133324

radii8
    Participant

This is great Ozzage, thanks for sharing :-)

What’s interesting about that list is how many of those locations are in so-called ‘nicer areas’ (perhaps those who actively campaigned against docking stations first time round). Disappointed there’s only one City location being added though.

radii8
    Participant

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

Wow! Blanket coverage of Soho! No extra stations in Covent garden though?

Very jealous of tower hamlets!

ozzage
    Participant

Replying to @cyclingnewbie‘s post:

Actually there is one on Henrietta Street – so Covent Garden has gone from “terribly terribly dismal”, to only “terribly dismal”

djc
    Participant

Lots of useful (for me!) additions in Camden:

Gray’s Inn Road (North)

Bury Place

Crestfield Street

Gray’s Inn Road (South)

Brooke Street,

Red Lion Str.

and City, Southampton Buildings.

Ruzzi
    Participant

And there’s the 400 + target promised by next spring!

The recent opening of the Waterloo Station mega dock has been quickly followed by:

Harriet Street Knightsbridge (27); Harrowby Street Marylebone (16);Kensington Town Hall (18); Sardinia Street Holborn (24) and King Edward Walk Waterloo (22)

Serco appear to be working overtime !!!!

Brilliant

Alexander Baxevanis
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m the developer of Cycle Hire App for the iPhone and the person that sent the FOI request to TfL. I have asked them to provide a more detailed list including geographic coordinates, so we can plot it all on a map.

One reason I wanted to know their plans is so I can track when they apply for planning permission for all these sites. When the first batch of stations were planned, a few of them were blocked by ‘concerned local residents’ using ridiculous arguments. This time, when TfL applies for planning permission, I want to motivate people who live or work in the area to write to the council and support the new docks.

When I manage to get something up, I’ll announce it through this forum :)

Cheers,

Alex

mudchute
    Participant

For those of you interested in the proposed docking stations in Tower Hamlets, I’ve just posted a few photos of the maps that were on display at the roadshow last month. I had held back from sharing these before as they said they would prefer it if I kept them to myself but now the list of sites has been released there doesn’t seem to be any reason to hold back any longer. Although the photos aren’t wonderful quality you can get a good idea of exactly where the sites are planned. There are several docking stations proposed for the Canary Wharf estate too but these aren’t included on the map. Nor can I spot them on the list for that matter. There were definitely ones outside both entrances to the tube in the squares.

Tower Hamlets Proposed Docking Station Sites

ozzage
    Participant

Thanks for all your efforts Alex, and sorry for stealing your thunder and posting it here :)

Bromptonaut
    Participant

New docking station just gone in off Kingsway, on Sardinia St. Right outside the LSE’s New Academic Building (formerly The Public Trustee’s Office)

Dan Thomas
    Participant

I want to be happy about this, I hope it’s not just an olympic gesture that will see South London continue to rot and fester without

Ruzzi
    Participant

Just came out of the BFI and saw a new docking station called Waterloo Bridge on the roundabout in front of the old Royal Hospital for Children and Women with just 15 docking points and one solitary docked bike.

Assume it will open tomorrow?

Still way short of the 350 docking points for Waterloo promised by David Brown, the Managing Director of Surface Transport at TFL last October and with of course no clarification as to why?

We must be grateful for small mercy’s though! LOL

martinc
    Participant

Out and about on my Boris bike tonight.

Prince Consort Road is live now, though rather a small number of docks. That said, another dock is under construction on Queens Gate not far from the junction with PC Rd.

About 25 docks installed near Lambeth Bridge (south side), not in use yet last time I was there.

Any other news?

81lon
    Participant

Out for lunch in Soho today and noticed docks being installed on Moor St and Frith St. Can’t be ready soon enough as there are nowhere near enough in this area!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.