New docking stations 2

Home Forums Love New docking stations 2

This topic contains 81 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Thomas 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • Author

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

And the Green Park station one, too…

martinc
    Participant

Saw Green Park today, 28 docking points, though not a lovely place to cycle. 16 docking points at a new station in Clarges Street a little north of Green Park. Nothing in the St James Park / Pall Mall area which is worrying.

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

Yes – Green Park has a gloriously wide footpath parallel to Picadilly which would make a perfect cycle path – but cycling there is forbidden!

Where we really need a dock is under admiralty arch…

martinc
    Participant

I’ve heard that Queen’s Walk (connecting Picadilly to the Mall) is under consideration for allowing cycling, though I think that’s a way off yet. And totally agree about the north side. Plus give us a Buckingham Palace dock! Plenty room on Birdcage Walk too.

Ruzzi
    Participant

Replying to @cyclingnewbie‘s post:

FYI – This link details the proposed additional cycle hire stations in Camden: http://camdencyclists.org.uk/camden/consultations/additonal-cycle-hire-stations-in-camden

Saw the Arlington Road layout on Sunday

Ruzzi
    Participant

The Camden Town, Bonny Street dock, mentioned above, went live this afternoon with a massive 45 points, so maybe the go live date for new docks in this area will roll out before 8th March?

Similarly in Chelsea as Manresa Road also went live with 18 points.

martinc
    Participant

Wonder why Camden is going live ahead of E-Day? It sort of loses the impact, but then it’s good that we have them available straight away.

I was at Westfield yesterday. Docks are under construction there (one really quite big) but they’ll have to rush to get them ready for 8 March.

I’m increasingly frustrated around the St James area. No bikes at all tonight. Pall Mall dock was never replaced, and as far as I know no new ones are planned. Maybe we could co-operate to push for better provision in that area.

tom_kington
    Participant

Hoxton/Shoreditch

New dock on the corner of pitfield/hoxton market/hyde and whitmore. has two rows of docks, maybe 34 or so in total

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/myplaces?ll=51.53557,-0.082549&spn=0.002943,0.005815&ctz=0&t=v&z=18

Ruzzi
    Participant

More great news for south of the Thames – saw 2 new unexpected docking stations ready to go live in Elephant & Castle earlier today:

A large 47 point dock on St George’s Road (but named Gaywood Street) and which will support Geraldine Street and Ontario Street docks.

And on Westminster Bridge Road just past Lambeth North Station and King Edward Walk docks on the right a 26 point dock.

Only disappointment is despite being announced on the Docking Station Status web page for over a week now, the new dock at Vauxhall Walk remains closed – this would have helped out enormously the other night re full docking stations in the area – recommend the Tea House Theatre opposite.

BTW the pavement for Stonecutter Street 2 has been fenced off and levelled – opposite two Serco guys still sit on the pavement guarding the mass of bikes stored on the pavement!

Ruzzi
    Participant

Docked at Grays Inn Road North (33 points) Holborn this afternoon, albeit it is now named Wren Street, I guess to pin point its location. 3 German tourists were struggling with the casual hire “one” release code syndrome – after explaining and obtaining the other two we all found it advisable to wait for the oncoming traffic to pass and the traffic lights change to red before releasing the bikes.

Then rode a bike to Percival Street (22 points) Finsbury which is nearby and also opened today.

The rollout in Camden Town continues with Gloucester Avenue just opening with 24 points.

And it looks like Green Park Station (28 points) has also opened earlier in the day, but if my memory serves me right you cannot cycle in the park?

And finally (hurrah)Kennington Station (23 points) has at last opened albeit it appears to have sited itself on the TFL map next to the Kennington Oval dock?

No mention of these docks opening on TFL Docking Station status web page?

So docks are continuing to open ahead of the expansion date roll out!

martinc
    Participant

No, you can’t cycle in Green Park. So that dock’s not especially useful.

Thanks for the updates, I thought you might know where some of these new ones were.

Is there a new one to the east of Regents Park or am I making it up?

Looks like only the Tower Hamlets Docks are being held back for E-Day, possibly the Westfield ones too

Ruzzi
    Participant

Replying to @martinc‘s post:

I think you might be referring to “Albany Street” which I was unaware of, but appears to be live as activity is being recorded.

Looks like I might have jumped the gun on Kennington Station, which I was going to use today, but have now noticed although it is still wrongly sited on the map, the icon internal colouring indicates “out of service” despite also indicating 20 bikes as available?

Dan Thomas
    Participant

Anything for the South (and I don’t mean Waterloo!)

I know Wandsworth had a consultation (which they didn’t make too much noise about)

ozzage
    Participant

I think Wandsworth and Shepherds Bush are in the same “western extension”. I think they are still identifying possible sites so it’s months and months away – they haven’t even had consultations for the stations yet.

mudchute
    Participant

The Wandsworth extension is in the very early stages of being ‘looked at’ whereas the small Shepherd’s Bush extension to Westfield is almost ready to go live, being funded at least in part by Westfield. Take a look at

OOBrien London Bike Map

to see (in grey) the docks that have been installed but not yet activated.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.