New docking stations 2

Home Forums Love New docking stations 2

This topic contains 81 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Thomas 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)
  • Author

martinc
    Participant

Spotted yesterday at Camden Road Overground station, area marked off in road labelled ‘cycle hire only’. Bring it on!

Great news about Oval – any new ones in the City yet?

mudchute
    Participant

For those of you who use the busy dock at Holborn Circus I’m pleased to announce that a new one is being built just across the road right outside Sainsbury’s Head Office (where I work) at the end of New Fetter Lane – it’s not massive (18 docking points I think) but every little helps as they say at a rival supermarket. We were told by email that it opens in 2 or 3 weeks and (rather strangely) that it’ll have Sainsbury’s branding though I’m not sure whether they just mean that there’s a massive sign just inside our office or what exactly. Maybe I misunderstood as I can’t imagine a diversion from the Barclays branding.

martinc
    Participant

Two new ones I’ve seen under construction – north end of Holland Road, west side (part of the extension towards the Westfield shops), and on King Edward Street in the City, near the junction with Angel Street. Didn’t have time to stop and count the number of docking points being put in, sorry.

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

A dock has just appeared on the online map at Castlehaven Road, Camden Town.

This is actually North of Camden Town, and, I think, the north most dock yet installed! Great news (if it really exists!!)

ashbro
    Participant

Another one ready for activation spotted outside Stepney Green Station – the eastern expansion continues!

Ruzzi
    Participant

Although still not announced on TFL’s Docking Station Status web page, Red Lion Street with 34 points was finally activated a few days ago and is already very busy

Ollie
    Participant

I’ve made a slight change to http://bikes.oobrien.com/ – now, if a docking station gets added to the official map and then removed (which seems to be the case for the Phase 2 expansion testing, and also infilling some other areas) then it remains on my map as a “ghost dock” with a grey circle.

The data quality is poor, as the testers are frequently (about 25% of the time) getting the name and/or location wrong, but it gives some indication of stations that are likely to go live “for real” sometime soon. So far, though, the process has already identified 61 such “ghost” docks – a few of which have become fully live now. The latest are Lancaster Gate (Bayswater) and Manresa Road (Chelsea). (Unfortunately the latter’s entered location is extremely wrong and the entered dock size is 0, so it’s not currently showing up on the map.)

martinc
    Participant

As you say, the data quality is very poor. One of the good things about this forum is that real people can see if docks are appearing or going live. I work close to Lancaster Gate so can look for it tomorrow, but I’m doubtful as I haven’t seen it under construction.

martinc
    Participant

Popped along to Lancaster Gate today – it has been built, an impressive 38 docking points – but not live yet. Also seen today, new dock at Pembridge Gardens next to Notting Hill Gate station, under construction but some docks already in place.

Ruzzi
    Participant

It is a great shame that whilst the general reliability of the scheme has improved enormously over the last six months, the level of careless errors (even spelling) on the communications web pages “Docking Station Status, Key Facts and Cycle Hire Map” have increased significantly. I regularly draw these to TFL’s attention through the contact us email, but corrections sometimes take weeks and then only with the help of GLA members.

On a more positive note, Vauxhall Walk with 27 points and Kennington Station with 23 points look complete and ready to go live. I hope this is sooner rather than later as both are strategically placed and will help boost the number of docks in this area and indeed south of the Thames.

Ruzzi
    Participant

Although not announced on TFL’s out of date (Friday 3rd February)Docking Station Status web page, Camden Town’s, Castlehaven Road has just been activated with 29 points. So there are still docking stations being opened inside the existing area and ahead of the just announced eastern/western extension date.

The Docking Station at Pembridge Gardens is the existing Notting Hill Gate Station which was closed for extension and due to re-open 24th February.

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

Olly O’Brien has added the new docks for the extension which have been tested on the system to his map. Grey ghost docks…

http://bikes.oobrien.com/

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

Replying to @cyclingnewbie‘s post:

Ooops, I see he already announced that above!

martinc
    Participant

Seen today – Portman Square, 17 docking points, not yet active

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

Another new one in Camden Town (BonnySt). Hadn’t expected Camden to get so many new ones!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.