New docking stations 2

Home Forums Love New docking stations 2

This topic contains 81 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Thomas 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author

martinc
    Participant

Starting a new thread for this topic as the old one seems a bit full now.

I was out of Friday and spotted 3 new docking stations under construction, two on Exhibition Road and one in Eaton Square (very close to an existing station). Nice to know the docks are continuing to multiply.

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

Excellent news for South Ken!

LydiaB
    Participant

Work has just started on a new docking station on Bethnal Green Road. It is near the junction of Pott Street, and only moments from Bethnal Green tube station. Hurrah!

Ruzzi
    Participant

And still on Bethnal Green Road, midway between Pott Street and the existing extended docking station outside Shoreditch High Street Rail Station, the foundations of 37 points have been laid on the pavement in front of Bentworth Court.

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

Great news that the Tower Hamlets docks are starting to arrive! :-)

mudchute
    Participant

The 40 bike dock round the corner from my house on Spindrift Avenue on the Isle of Dogs has just received planning permission so I’m a happy bunny.

81lon
    Participant

I noticed about 20 blank plates in the road by the oval cricket ground yesterday (oval station end) which when open may make it the new ‘furthest south’ dock :)

davidq100
    Participant

Replying to @81lon‘s post:

Great to hear! The Kennington Road Post Office dock is kind of stuck out on a limb and comes under pressure during the commuter hours. The new one will be handy for Oval Farmers Market too :)

Hopefully we’ll see more dock ‘creep’ towards Clapham and Battersea (would be nice to see a dock outside the Sainsbury on Wandsworth Road)

ayeomans
    Participant

At the High Holborn end of Red Lion Street, a bay has been created marked “Cycle Hire Only”. No docking stations yet installed.

radii8
    Participant

We still don’t have enough in W1 and there is a gaping hole of unused space in Cavendish Square where many many docking spots could be installed around the ring of the park (reducing the constant drone of traffic around the park – which would be a bonus for pedestrians, shoppers, people enjoying a moment’s peace in the park, residents and cyclists alike).

LydiaB
    Participant

Work has just started on a new docking station on Clarkson Steet, E2. The location is at the south east side of the small park there (the name escapes me)..

djc
    Participant

There is a marked bay and a set of plates in the road in Grays Inn Road just N. of Guildford Str.

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

A couple of new ones in Holborn and Chelsea according to:

http://dockmonitor.blogs.casa.ucl.ac.uk/category/new

ayeomans
    Participant

Replying to @ayeomans‘s post:

These now have docking stations all fitted, just waiting for them to be put into service.

Jisabella
    Participant

Two more new ones on the way in Camden – one on Gloucester Avenue, and one on Parkway – FAB news!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.