"Meet the Managers" forum

Home Forums Events "Meet the Managers" forum

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Bimbles 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

chineseJohn
    Participant

just received this email

Dear Mr ChineseJohn,

As a member of Barclays Cycle Hire, I thought you might be interested in taking part in an online “Meet the Managers” forum we will be running on Tuesday 18 October, from 19:00 to 20:30.

The forum will provide you with the opportunity to contact both myself and other senior managers with any questions or suggestions you may have about the scheme, for example, regarding its operation or future plans. The scheme has now passed its first anniversary and we would welcome your input. To join in the live forum, please visit tfl.gov.uk/meetthemanagers

Alternatively, if you will not be available to join us, we would be happy to receive your questions in advance. Simply email your questions to us at bchmeetthemanagers@tfl.gov.uk

Yours sincerely,

James Mead

Head of Operations, Barclays Cycle Hire

Transport for London

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

Thanks John. I think a lot of us on this forum will be interested in this!

zefrog
    Participant

questions can also be posted online and in advance here.

Boris
    Keymaster

TfL Press office just rang me asking to post this info to the forums but it look like @chineseJohn has beat me to it.

Good idea running a live online chat, although I do rather like to have a beer in person with them.

Here’s a link to the chat room https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/corporate/media/questiontime/default.aspx

You can post questions in advance using this link or go to the link on 18-Oct from 7pm for the live chat.

Don't forget to add your own signature! 1) Click your name in the top left (under Home once logged in) 2) Click Edit link on the left menu 3) Fill in "Your Forum Signature" 4) Click Update Profile

Participant

Ok, so if they’ve emailed all members (140k was the last figure I heard), let’s have a “spot the ball” type competition for how many questions they receive. This is to include advance questions & those submitted on the night.

Press Officers always love to give out these stats after the event so they can say the event was a roaring success.

There’s no prize, except a smug grin! :)

So…my guess: 3,746

Boris
    Keymaster

I have posted 2 questions already. :)

Don't forget to add your own signature! 1) Click your name in the top left (under Home once logged in) 2) Click Edit link on the left menu 3) Fill in "Your Forum Signature" 4) Click Update Profile

Participant

Replying to @Boris‘s post:

I’d suggest a guess slightly higher than 2! ;)

Roo10
    Participant

Maybe 140,000 members but how many are daily users, and how many suffer from cronic apathy…. i’d go for 2,0000 maximum :|

Participant

Replying to @Roo10‘s post:

Quote:
    Maybe 140,000 members but how many are daily users, and how many suffer from cronic apathy

Now THAT is the big question!

martinc
    Participant

I’ve posted some comments about Meet the Managers on my blog: http://iloveborisbikes.blogspot.com/

Won’t sadly be online tomorrow night but would be great to hear feedback.

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

A bit of a damp squib overall. But VINDICATION for the downies!

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/corporate/media/questiontime/see-answers.aspx#q_a_23

FarringdonEd
    Participant

I agree. Lots of questions answered about location of docks and distribution (surprise, surprise), with the same stock answers. I submitted 3 questions, none of which were about docks or distribution (!), none of which were answered.

At least the bells question has been settled once and for all.. shame he doesn’t tell Serco who keep rolling them back up on to the top of the handlebars… ;)

martinc
    Participant

Hmm, as long as the bell rings does it matter if it’s up or down? Not sure.

Is there a write-up of the discussion online anywhere do we know?

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

Martin – click the link in my post above.

Apparently it is the uppies’ fault that the bells don’t work – knew it!

00ict313
    Participant

So out of the 58 questions: (in brackets is the total number received related to that issue)

Difficulty hiring or using the hire scheme including finding a bike or space (18)

1,3, 4, 5, 6, 11, 16, 18, 25 , 32, 34, 35, 37, 39, 42, 43, 51, 58

Docking location plan (11): 13, 19 , 24, 27, 28, 29, 30, 40, 44, 50, 52

Adding features (7): 2, 8, 14, 26, 48, 49, 55

Membership plans (5) : 10, 21, 22, 47, 56

Faults of bikes(4) : 12, 20, 23, 45,

Other 2 or 1 questions in these sections each

Charing issues related to connected keys 7, 17

Call centre related issues 16 , 38

Questions with the slow responses 9

Getting the bike out of the dock 31

Fees for location of users 33

Self congratulatory 36

Flying bikes 41

Safety of bike use in London 53

Training for team about bell location 46

Different fees for different use directions 57

Electric vehicles to move bikes around 54

So out of the 1,000 questions they have submitted mostly stock answers to 58 questions, at an average response of 1 questions responded to every 2 minutes,

Not very impressive!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.