London Cycle Hire 'lacks ambition'

Home Forums Love London Cycle Hire 'lacks ambition'

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  iguiyichm 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

radii8
    Participant

timjwatts
    Participant

He should fix the bloody software first so the things can be used with confidence.

elyobelyob
    Participant

Replying to @timjwatts‘s post:

And fix the bells.

timjwatts
    Participant

I noticed that – go to ding a dozy tourist and the bell goes “click”. I usually manage to yell at them just before nearly running them over (bear in mind I am in the middle of the road at this point :) That’s TheatreLand for you…

radii8
    Participant

I think they’re aware of the bells. The issue is extending the scheme, and focussing on cycling provision in zones 2-6 which is currently behind cycling provision in zone 1

Participant

It’s never going to work too far out of Zone 1. Maybe halfway into Zone 2, but no further.

Londoners don’t live and work in zone 1 the way the Parisiens do in their equivalent central zone. We commute into the centre to work, and back out to go home. There’s not enough sideways/radial movement to negate the in/out central zone flow. All any major extension outside zone 1 would achieve would be to saturate the central docks even earlier each day.

Jenny Jones is just making a bit of pointless noise to remind us all that she still exists. Apart from Val Shawcross and Caroline Pidgeon can you name any other members of the GLA Transport Comittee? No, neither can I.

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

@7209 The are extending the zone to the edge of Tower Hamlets this year, so that will act as a guinea pig. It will be interesting to see how that works out.

Participant

Yeah, I’m aware of the extension, unfortunately all I can see is a lengthening of the commuter tidal flow.

radii8
    Participant

But the scheme wasn’t set up to service the commuter tidal flow

Participant

I never said it was, but that is what it has evolved into at the moment.

radii8
    Participant

I love playing devil’s advocate :)

Dan Thomas
    Participant

I’d say it was pretty ambitious to start off with – the way so many docks sprang up pretty much overnight for its launch was really well done! And all this for 40 odd quid a year… well delivered in my opinion even when you take technical upsets into account.

Now if they could just acknowledge that south west London doesn’t stop at Kennington…

timjwatts
    Participant

Replying to @radii8‘s post:

Then they weren’t thinking because it is obvious that was going to be over half the customer base…

radii8
    Participant

Replying to @timjwatts‘s post:

Precisely. And they were quick to praise the scheme when the tube strikes were on so they can clearly see the benefits of encouraging commuters to use the scheme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11231999

iguiyichm
    Participant

First,Thanks for your share!

Does Louis Vuitton have an outlet? Who really knows but you can find some really great deals whether you are looking for a LV authentic or replica.

For more information please visit here

louis vuitton alma

louis vuitton artsy mm

louis vuitton monogram canvas artsy gm

louis vuitton neverfull mm

louis vuitton artsy

louis vuitton epi leather

speedy 30

louis vuitton luggage

louis vuitton wallets

guiyichm0607

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.