In a horrible situation

Home Forums Hate In a horrible situation

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  malcolmb1963 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

econ2005
    Participant

I had logged on to my online banking and was shocked to find that barclays cycle hire had taken out £150 from my bank account. I have never returned bikes late and alway return them way early for fear of being overcharged. So you can imagine my shock.

I phoned them up asking why they had taken out that huge amount and they said that on one journey where two bikes had been taken out ( i was returning from westfield with my sister and we were both coming home) only one was returned and the other one has not been located. I was absolutely shocked as every time i dock a bike i always wait for it to make that sound that it makes when you dock it and even gave it a little pull to make sure it’s docked. That day both my sister and i docked the bikes. So i dont understand how one can be missing. They have passed the details of my situation to the relevant department but i am really worried as they said that they would only return my money once the bike has been found.

I find the situation to be out of order as they are taking my money and i have done nothing wrong. If anyone could please give me advice i would very much appreciate it.

malcolmb1963
    Participant

Replying to @econ2005‘s post:

Can’t offer any advice on how to get your money back but here are a some things I do to try and avoid this happening to me:-

1. After docking a bike, go to the terminal and select “Print Journey Receipt” – you don’t actually print one (I did end up with lots of paper at the beginning) – and make sure the journey I have just done is showing. If it is, it shows the system knows that you have returned the bike.

2. On the odd occasion it doesn’t show after a few attempts and having checked the bike is securely docked (system might be running slow or occasionally the terminal has lost data contact with the system) take a picture of the docked bike showing the serial number. Most phones nowadays will also date/time stamp the picture with location.

3. If in any doubt about whether the bike is logged back in call the call centre and tell them you are having problems. Start fixing any problem before it starts costing you money!

Hope you are successful in getting a refund.

Seems a bit odd since, if you hadn’t docked the bike correctly would expect the system to stop the clock next time the bike was used and returned.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.