How to dispute charges (if TfL decide against you)

Home Forums Hate How to dispute charges (if TfL decide against you)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Loshu 2 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Participant

Replying to @drunkenshaolin‘s post:

Perhaps you could stretch yourself to reading the sticker on the handlebars that tells you about docking properly.

drunkenshaolin
    Participant

there was no sticker on bike..

Participant

You must’ve been incredibly unlucky to get one without a sticker. Of the 8000+ bikes out there, I doubt there are many that have had this removed.

They’re not in focus in this pic, but you can see the stickers:

London-cycle-hire-007.jpg

Participant

It’s also on the dock itself:

dockingstation4.jpg

drunkenshaolin
    Participant

thats all well and good but in 2am in the morning, in the dark u dont look at the front of the bike you kinder watching around you. also wheres the info on if no light available on docking bay, Ie broken. The docking station had no lights.. only the docks with bikes in had lights. how many docking stations is well lit. if you travel to salmon lane limehouse you we see this. quite clearly put in a broken station.

Replying to @7209′s post:

Participant

Of course. Silly me. I forgot that no one has to take responsibility for their own actions anymore.

Well, I hope you get your money back & £3million in compensation for your trouble. How dare they not do everything for you and hold your hand all the way to your door?

drunkenshaolin
    Participant

Replying to @7209′s post:

i hope so too. not looking for compensation, just want my money back because mistakes happen. but if i do get 3 million i split it with u to cheer you up a bit.

FarringdonEd
    Participant

I have used the system twice a day almost every weekday since it was launched so I must have clocked up a fair few hundred undocks / redocks. I have to say that generally it nowadays is working fine since the first few days of major issues.

However I have had two instances where the redocking hasn’t worked properly – once when no light showed at all once I had redocked (although the bike was properly locked in) and once when I did get a green light only to find 4 hours later that ths system still thought the bike was out.

Both times I called the service centre as soon as I realised the problem – the first time they were able to take the bike and docking station details and within about 30 minutes called me back to confirm that the onstreet team had confirmed all was well and in fact the bike showed on the system as docked when I docked it.

The second time was more problematic – they insisted I return to the bay where i had docked the bike – which I couldn’t do as I was now a long way away and couldn’t get a bike to get back there!! Then they called back again to say that the station had gone offline but was now back online and all was well. My £15 was refunded before the charge was taken from my credit card.

So the system still isn’t perfect but I do recommend following the call centre process first as both times for me they were able to sort things out..

chloecutts
    Participant

I tried to use a Boris Bike in Westminster but when I typed the access code in, the bike didn’t disengage. The red light flashed but didn’t turn green. I walked home and filled out the TFL web form for Barclays Cycle Hire web form and included all the details and asked for my £2 back, but received no reply. I later discovered that Barclays Cycle Hire had taken the £2 and also slapped me with a £50 charge – for using a bike I never used.

I have emailed them again filled out the details again, and scanned and emailed the actual release code receipt. I’m still waiting for my money. Can anyone advise me on how I can complain should they refuse to give me my money back?

Loshu
    Participant

Have you tried calling them? https://www.tfl.gov.uk/modes/cycling/barclays-cycle-hire/

Or making some noise on twitter?

I wonder What’s TFL’s official position is if a user has a problem but doesn’t have a mobile phone or internet access?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.