Hilarious docking station data

Home Forums Data Hilarious docking station data

This topic contains 20 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  dbrb2 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

elyobelyob
    Participant

I’ve taken to writing my own text based script .. http://boris.elyob.com/text.php … this allows me to figure out quickly myself how poor the data is .. I also don’t really need a full map taking ages to download to show me this info …

papaspoof
    Participant

The data does seem to be much better today.

Even Waterloo 1 was accurate when I got the only available cycle there at lunch.

It green lighted almost instantly, and then just to keep the karmic balance, got a puncture on Tottenham Court Road (My first mechanical failure while on a BB).

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

It has been raining all day, so the usage will be well down. It is clear from dbrb2′s fantastic site that the big latency problems are occurring during the busy times of the day. This implies it is a central computing problem rather than due to comms problems at the docks.

It is appalling that that hasn’t been fixed by now – clearly a hardware upgrade in their computer centre is required and they just don’t want to spend the money?

zefrog
    Participant

The problem is happening with the apps but also with the docking stations themselves.

@Dougoliver I have encounter a very similar situation (in the same location) twice already. The stations seem to get filled up (presumably by Serco) certain days after about 9pm. In their thoughtlessness they don’t seem to leave any (or enough) empty spaces for people using the bikes after they have come. And yes the data at the docking stations don’t help. I am glad to report that it didn’t take me over 1hr to find a space though it took my longer than my trip from the other side of London…

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

Wow the latency data is looking good today – and usage is high. A miracle (or did TfL hear about your plot and start spoofing it?!)

dbrb2
    Participant

The plot is looking good – the glass half empty side of my brain needs to point out that regular updates do not necessarily mean accurate data – but that part is hard to monitor without a webcam pointing at a docking point :-) However you look at it, something which was causing problems earlier in the week seems to have been fixed.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.