Hallelujah! "Multiple keys" finally fixed!

Home Forums Love Hallelujah! "Multiple keys" finally fixed!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bassclef 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Boris
    Keymaster

The inflexible implementation of multiple keys on a single account has been an annoyance (to say the least) of many since the scheme was launched three years ago.

In summary, the issue has been that all member keys/fobs linked to a single account are all charged at the same time. e.g. if you activated 24hr access on one key, then all keys on that account will have 24hr access enabled and you will be charged accordingly.

Well that’s all about to change, finally! This weekend the system will be updated to allow multiple keys on a single account to have separate access periods.

Here’s a few examples of what this might mean to you:

• Have a spare key as backup in case you loose/break your primary key
    • Keep a spare key for when you want to ride with a family member, colleague or friend
    • Have one key with annual access, and another for casual access

More info on the upgrade is available here. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling/18088.aspx

Don't forget to add your own signature! 1) Click your name in the top left (under Home once logged in) 2) Click Edit link on the left menu 3) Fill in "Your Forum Signature" 4) Click Update Profile

bassclef
    Participant

This happened a few weeks to late for me: I wasn’t paying attention and renewed two keys for another year when I might have preferred to renew only one and have the other on daily activation.

Nevertheless, good news.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.