further ovecharging

Home Forums Hate further ovecharging

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  malcolmb1963 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

deroiste
    Participant

I was outraged to find that I was charged for the non return of a bike by 150 pounds. The bike was definitely docked. After being assured that no more charges would be made I was further outraged to find that another 150 pounds has been taken from my account. As advised by this website I have emailed Caroline Pidgeon and I have got a reply from her saying that she has had numerous complaint regarding this problem. This is the fourth day that I have been in contact with the customer service people and I am currently waiting for a call back from them.

Matt
    Participant

Do you stay there and wait for the green light when you dock the bike?

You should always print out one of the journey receipts after each trip to make sure it has docked properly. If you can’t see your journey on the screen, it means it hasn’t docked.

deroiste
    Participant

Replying to @Matt’s post:

I do double check that the bike is docked. This time as far as I remember the red light came on and then went off. I have had the red light come on and stay on before after docking. I did double check by trying to remove the bike.

Matt
    Participant

Replying to @deroiste‘s post:

If the red light comes on when docking it means it hasn’t docked properly. If the bike won’t then remove I’d recommend calling the helpline number immediately

deroiste
    Participant

I dont usually carry a mobile phone with me and if I did I dont see why I should have to incur extra charges in reporting these situations to them. Perhaps they should install some sort of contact system at the docking stations.

Now the good news after a few frustrating days. I have had the second amount refunded by the bank and I have been told that I will get the original charge of 150 pounds refunded. This has been authorised by Caroline Pidgeon. So emailing these people seems to have worked wonders.

radii8
    Participant

Hi, I have to agree. I wouldn’t mind being charged so much if Barclays Cycle Hire first sent me a text to let me know an large sum of money was about to leave my account. What happens is charges rack up (usually due to docking issues) and suddenly I am left with no money in my account to pay my rent.

The way the system is rigged could leave some people in serious financial difficulty. And, applying logic, how many people will knowingly hire a bike for £150 – you could buy a bike for less?!

radii8
    Participant

@Matt – as for printing receipts, I have visited numerous docking stations that have either run out of paper or have some other technical issue which prevents me from printing a receipt or even checking whether the journey has ended.

It would be better if Barclays Cycle Hire could release an app where you can register your account, with your balance displayed on the front screen, where you can review things like journey data, next due payment date, last four digits of registered card, from which journeys the charges came. An app might also be a good way to introduce new technical features that are cost ineffective to introduce at POS, such as bike number for each journey, distance travelled, faulty dock reporting, faulty bike reporting etc.

malcolmb1963
    Participant

Replying to @radii8‘s post:

I used to print out a receipt each time (ended up with loads of paper) but now I just go to the page where I can print out a receipt and check that there is a button available to print the receipt for the journey just completed.

If the button is there it meeans the system “sees” the journey is complete.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.