Found a stripped Boris Bike told by a Janice to f*ck off so I guess its mine?

Home Forums Hate Found a stripped Boris Bike told by a Janice to f*ck off so I guess its mine?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  claudia 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

tobywalsh
    Participant

Okay, here I am an avid user of the Boris Bike scheme. I pay £45 a year for them, and use them nearly every day. Had a few problems, like a dodgy key Day one, no docks now and then, and the brakes not working (that was scary!).

But anyhow, last monday, I was walking through Hyde Park at about 11pm on my way home. Believe it nor, I usually cycle but the dock wouldn’t give me one! Anyhow, as I was walking, some kids were running towards me. They ran straight past, and I was kind of freaked. I kept walking towards to the exit, but then saw a Boris Bike lying down on the floor. It had no number on it. NOR, did it have the Barclays logo on the back but more importantly, it didn’t have one of those chip things on the front. It was the same shape and feel and everything, just no way of docking it back!. So i picked it up and cycled it to the nearest dock. When I got there, I saw spave for one bike, and in it, the triangular chip thing that reads a bike, but no bike attached to it. I put two and two together and got four. Those kids probably stole this bike somehow. So anyway, I phoned the non emergency police number, 0300 something etc… . I was told it is not a police matter, phone TFL. I phoned that stupid 0845 number ofr TFL and spoke to Janice on Level One Support, Team 4, whom was working under the supervision of Oliver, the supervisor. I told her what had happened, she said phone the police. I told her I had. She tells me she can’t do anything about it and to file a found item with TFL Lost property?!?!? I told her I think she is wrong and asked to speak to her surpervisor. She was putting me through, but left the mic open. I heard her say;, “This guy says he has found a Boris Bike, but can’t dock it. Should I tell him to f*ck off – it’s gone 12″. He laughed and then I was put through. I told him what had happened. He denied everything, and said that I was lying. I told him once more about the bike but it appears the police need to be told, or TFL Lost property.

I am not going through this bullsh*t of phoning one person and the other again. What should I do? I have a Boris Bike in my front room that has been stripped down. I can’t dock it as there is no sensor to do so, TFL don’t want it, nor do the police.

Should I keep it – or sell it on ebay?

tobywalsh
    Participant

^Oliver said I was lying about what had been said, being told to f*ck off – he accepted the fact I probably have a Boris Bike and he doesn’t know what to do.

econodog
    Participant

how odd. maybe it was a demo/prototype bike that was given to one of the various cycling organisations for training purposes?

what condition is it in toby?

Ian_M
    Participant

You took it home? If it were me I’d be worried about technically being in possession of stolen property. I’d certainly report the whole story to the police to protect myself. The response of the help line is very disappointing.

claudia
    Participant

If it were me, I would phone the Cycle Hire back again to speak with another supervisor, and explain the situation. Try using this number instead of the 0845 number to save on the cost of the call: (0)20 8216 6666. Best of luck, and hope they can give you some help this time.

davy
    Participant

Send them a ransom note! :-)

malcolmb1963
    Participant

Take it to your local police station and present it to them with a note to explain that Oliver at TFL had told you to F*** Off and give it to the police.

Or you could always drop it in to the lobby of City Hall for Boris with the same note.

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

Try the evening standard – I’m sure they’ll take it off your hands…

tobywalsh
    Participant

Okay. I must say that that was all a lie. For the past three week I have been trying to get hold of them and keep getting told we will phone you back in 24 hours. My recent call was true, I was told to fuck off – however the context is wrong – I do bnot posses some bike. I did this to see if they will contact me and voila they did. This morning a woman from head pffice phoned. Great huh. Shows how this company looks after themselves – not others.

AccessPeriodDenied
    Participant

This company is terrible, I’ve been screwed up so many times by them! Some Lady called Katherine said she call me back but never did! I had that Oliver guy call me back, he was actually quite helpful….. Awful service. I heard they have tonnes of problems though.

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

By all means lie to TfL, but have a bit more respect for fellow users on this forum.

claudia
    Participant

Replying to @cyclingnewbie‘s post:

My thoughts exactly!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.