First time user, horayyy oh wait :( ….

Home Forums Hate First time user, horayyy oh wait :( ….

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Roo10 5 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Firsttimeborisbiker
    Participant

A couple of weeks ago some friends and I though it would be great to use the boris bikes to see the city that we live in properly and have a good cycle around London city. We were all under the impression that the bikes were just £1 for as long as you wanted which we though was brilliant. It was only until the day after that we found out that there was a usage charge which was quite a substantial amount for some students with not so deep pockets. When we had the bikes they were taken out for more than 6hours which happened to cost £50 which they took from my friends and my account. Considering that we were all first time users I have heard from people that you are able to claim a refund if you are a first time user and you are unaware that there is a usage charge after the initial £1. Is this true can you get a refund if you are a first time user and you wasn’t aware of the charges

Bimbles
    Participant

You can call the contact centre & ask, but it does say on the docking station (and on the screen during the hire process) that it’s access fee + usage charge.

Plead ignorance and you may just get away with it….

radii8
    Participant

The bikes are not free. Whenever did you find a transport solution (other than walking) in London for free? Ever? Public transport costs money to maintain so they’re making money out of people like you. Bikes really are £1 AS LONG AS YOU

KEEP UNDER 1/2 HOUR for each dock-to-dock journey. Cushty! You can do as many journeys as you like within 24 hours AS LONG AS EACH JOURNEY IS LESS THAN 1/2 HOUR.

The writing is on the wall, next to the bikes in fact. Note, if you want to do a journey longer than half an hour park the bike in a dock for 5 minutes and then you can get another one. It can be done :)

Have fun! Good luck! :)

jamsandwich
    Participant

£1 for 24hours access

FREE for 30mins usage within that 24hours.

costs go up from there.

I do occasionally see bikes locked up against pubs and venues way out of the docking zone and I wonder what people think they’re doing or getting charged.

Your best bet is to say you docked it up and it wasnt recognized! or there was a wierd noise when you docked, or there wasnt a green (or red) light!

Roo10
    Participant

Oh right 8O thats exactly the sort of behaviour we want to recognise isnt it…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.