Feedback requested for inclusion in The Evening Standard (Monday)

Home Forums Questions Feedback requested for inclusion in The Evening Standard (Monday)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  astralclouds 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Boris
    Keymaster

Hello fellow Boris Bikers,

Tomorrow’s Evening Standard (Mon 2 Aug) is running a piece about the first few days of the new cycle hire scheme.

If you can spare a few minutes, please post you comments/experiences/complaints/praises below for possible inclusion in the article.

Please posts you comments by 11am tomorrow morning.

Don't forget to add your own signature! 1) Click your name in the top left (under Home once logged in) 2) Click Edit link on the left menu 3) Fill in "Your Forum Signature" 4) Click Update Profile

ozzage
    Participant

We used the bikes for the first time today.   Did four trips in total, all just under 30 minutes and all worked well.  Only one problem with a red light when trying to undock at Hyde Park Corner (on two bikes) but we tried again in a couple of minutes and it was OK.

We adjusted our normal “route into central London” today to take a more convenient tube line (station is nearer to home) as we knew we could then just jump on a bike to get to our final destination.  Our first trip was Mansion House to Shoreditch Church and it was very pleasant cycling through the City on a quiet Sunday morning!  On the way back later we did three 30 minute legs and got as far west as we could before having to take the bus back home to West London.  If the scheme went further west we could have cycled all the way home – that would have been great!
    All in all very impressed, and will definitely be using them again.  All that today for £1… I find that amazing!

Boris
    Keymaster

Thanks for your input Ozzage. I’ll pass it on.

Could anyone else please send your feedback to letters@standard.co.uk by 11am Monday morning (and please post here too if you can). The Standard are looking for comments about 150 words.

Don't forget to add your own signature! 1) Click your name in the top left (under Home once logged in) 2) Click Edit link on the left menu 3) Fill in "Your Forum Signature" 4) Click Update Profile

Nipper
    Participant

I’ve made five trips on the bikes so far, and I think the scheme is great in principle. The bikes are fun to ride and I’ve had many positive reaction from passers-by, apart from a lagered-up cityboy who shouted “c**t”. There were technical glitches – website refused credit card for no reason, key wouldn’t activate without a call to the helpline and then mysteriously stopped working for a few hours earlier today.

There are two things that have to change to make this scheme work though. We need many more docking stations - ours seem to be twice as far apart as in Montreal’s. And obviously, unless London’s roads are made much safer for cyclists, there is going to be carnage.

astralclouds
    Participant

All docking stations between Holborn and Barbican out of use this morning (2 Aug, approx 08:00). My intended use of the scheme is to cut down on the duration of my joutrney to and from work. Get off the Piccadilly Line at Holborn, get on a bike, ride through Smithfield to Barbican. Did this ok on Friday. But this morning the following was the case:

- Southampton Place, WC2 (docking station out of use – taped up)
    - Red Lion Square, WC2 (red light, system not running correctly – ‘Please Wait’ on terminal screen)
    - Theobalds Road, WC2 (red light, system not running correctly – ‘Please Wait’ on terminal screen)
    - Northington Street, WC1 (red light, system not running correctly – ‘Please Wait’ on terminal screen)
    - Faringdon Lane, EC1 (red light, system not running correctly – ‘Please Wait’ on terminal screen)
    - Clerkenwell Green, EC1 (red light, system not running correctly – ‘Please Wait’ on terminal screen)
    - Clerkenwell Road, EC1 (red light, system not running correctly – ‘Please Wait’ on terminal screen)
    - Golden Lane, EC1 (red light, system not running correctly – ‘Please Wait’ on terminal screen)

Waiting for the call centre to get back to me with an explanation having walked 35 minutes along the above route to work

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.