Dockr – new Android app.

Home Forums Love Dockr – new Android app.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  edeverett 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

edeverett
    Participant

Hi,

I recently launched a new Android app for finding you nearest docking stations.

Dockr is a little different from the other apps around in that it’s focused on being as simple as possible – it just does the essentials of showing you the nearest docking stations to where you are now and how many bikes or spaces there are. I’ve tried hard to make it look good too (you don’t pay all that money for your phone just to have ugly apps on it!)

I hope you enjoy it and I would really appreciate any feedback. (If you like it please give it a rating on Google Play :D )

Thanks,

Ed

phone.png

jamiafqc
    Participant

The first official say-on-pay votes took place last year with little fanfare, as most corporation shareholders voted “no” when asked if they had any objections to the executive payouts. composed by anyexingchen12

New Era Hats

Cheap 59fifty Hats

Cheap Snapbacks

Cheap New Era Hats

Wholesale New Era Hats

Custom New Era Hats

Cheap Hats Wholesale

New Era baseball Caps

Snapback Hats

Baseball Caps Free Shipping

bb_queenie
    Participant

Hi Ed, I downloaded the app a month ago, and it has proved to be INVALUBLE! But it’s now stopped working on my phone. Whenever I try to load it, it instantly says “Dock can’t find your location. Reason: ‘unavailable’ “

:-(

edeverett
    Participant

Hi bb_queenie,

I’m really glad you’ve been enjoying the app. Hearing that people like using it makes having built it seem worthwhile, so thanks for getting in touch.

The “Reason: ‘unavailable’” part of the error message indicates that the phone is not reporting your current position to the app. Can please check that the location services are turned on on your phone? There are instructions for doing this here http://support.google.com/gmm/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1646140 (I’d recommend GPS if your phone supports it)

You ought to be able to verify the location services are working by using another app that needs your location – for instance does Google Maps find your location accurately?

If your location services are turned on and working on other apps and Dockr is still not working, please try uninstalling it and downloading it again. (You won’t have to pay again.)

If none of that works, please can you let me know your phone model and the version of Android it’s running and the version of Dockr you have installed (should be 1.4).

There are so many variables on mobiles that finding the root cause of problems can be hard, but I hope this is useful and we can get Dockr working again for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.