[CORRECTION] Deadline is *——* to join TFL Cycle Challenge Team

Home Forums Events [CORRECTION] Deadline is *——* to join TFL Cycle Challenge Team

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  beermagnet 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

claudia
    Participant

I just signed up for the team. I’m only around until July 4, so I’m not going to log a lot of miles, but I understand every little bit will help. Deadline to register is tomorrow, June 18!

https://cyclechallenge.tfl.gov.uk/team/841

claudia
    Participant

Boris
    Keymaster

I’ve just heard from TfL Press Office. There is *no* deadline. People can sign-up and register throughout the running of the cycle challenge. i.e. until 15 July.

That said, the challenge stated 2 days ago (18 June) so the sooner everyone joins our team and starts logging their miles the better.

I’ve appointed both @claudia and @Cathryn as team admins so hopefully between us we will get you sign up approved quickly and you can start logging your miles.

Our team total is currently 20 miles. Not bad, but I reckon we can do better so please sign up and join in!

Don't forget to add your own signature! 1) Click your name in the top left (under Home once logged in) 2) Click Edit link on the left menu 3) Fill in "Your Forum Signature" 4) Click Update Profile

claudia
    Participant

Ah, good to know we can still register. I appreciate the admin nomination, but we are travelling to the States in just a week and

I will be away until beginning of August. Perhaps another member could help with admin? I’ll do my best to get in as many miles before that! Best of luck all :-)

Cathryn
    Participant

Happy to be admining, but no idea what I’m supposed to do. But if something looks like it needs doing, I’ll give it a go.

londonchick
    Participant

Ahh, I have joined my team at work. Didn’t realise there was a Boris Bike one – that would have been much cooler!

yorkiebar
    Participant

Ditto – joined work team and can’t jump ship to the BB one :(

Up to 62 miles now though :)

countrygirl
    Participant

Replying to @yorkiebar‘s post:

62 miles already that’s impressive – so far I’ve managed 1!

We need some more people to join us otherwise we will be languishing in last place :oops:

Boris
    Keymaster

Well it looks like we are currently in position 171 out of 319 teams! Not bad I guess.

I think typical Boris Bike journeys are much shorter than the lycra brigade so it’s alway going to be difficult to compete with them. That is unless we get all 40,000 boris bikers to join our team.

We need more members like @BLINKY_DOYLE. He’s up to 73 miles! Well done!

Don't forget to add your own signature! 1) Click your name in the top left (under Home once logged in) 2) Click Edit link on the left menu 3) Fill in "Your Forum Signature" 4) Click Update Profile

claudia
    Participant

Replying to @Boris‘s post:

Go BlinkyDoyle!!!!

I’m not much help as I only ride a few miles each week & I’ll be away for all of July. Hope others will join in. The team needs you! :-)

Blinky_Doyle
    Participant

thanks for the encouragement Claudia. I honestly hadn’t realised how many miles I was riding each day until I plotted the four rides on http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php (what a brilliant site)

the rides in are easy, all downhill.

I’m a bit messy when I get home though :oops:

martinc
    Participant

Come on team, it’s the weekend, great time to cycle all over London. Let’s make Boris proud of us!

yorkiebar
    Participant

119 miles now.

BUT! I’m logging all my bike rides, not just BB ones :)

Blinky_Doyle
    Participant
    Quote:
    BUT! I’m logging all my bike rides, not just BB ones

me too, sort of assuming that’s still within the spirit of the team.

By the way, is it hot out there today or is it just me :oops:

bet it’s really nasty on the tube. BB’s are going to be in short supply this afternoon

claudia
    Participant

Yes, it’s been very hot. I wasn’t able to get a BB today, but will try again tomorrow. Best of luck, team!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.