Casual User payment question

Home Forums Questions Casual User payment question

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  ashbro 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

beneve53
    Participant

Hi,

next month I am visiting London with two foreign friends who are flying over for a holiday. I have been reading about the costs of using a bike, but still can’t find the answer to this question:

I see that I can’t pay using cash or an Oyster card. Therefore I assume a debit or credit card is needed. My two foreign friends have cards that have not worked for booking their flights, so I can’t imagine they will work at the docking stations (and even if they do, their banks might charge them a high lump charge for each transaction). So is it OK to use my debit card for three bikes? If not, what is the best way around this problem?

Any help would be very appreciated. Cheers, Ben

malcolmb1963
    Participant

From the TFL website:- Barclays Cycle Hire

Quote:
    Buy access

At the docking station terminal, online or by phone

For 24 hours or a week

For up to three other family members and friends aged 14 or over. You will all have the same access period

If someone else paid for your access, they’ll need to be with you if you want to hire another cycle during that access period

If you’re a Member and want to buy Casual User access, you’ll need to use a different payment card, to the one registered to your account

Hope this is of use.

Bimbles
    Participant

To paraphrase TfL’s wording: yes, you can pay for all 3 of you, but you’ll have to travel around as a group.

beneve53
    Participant

Ahh thank you very much, really appreciate it.

I have just received two guides in the post – Central London and Guide 7. Is it just me, or have they forgotten to put the docking stations on the map?! That was the main reason I ordered them, so I could have a map which clearly states where the nearest docking station to our next destination would be…

Jisabella
    Participant

if one of you has a smartphone then download an app to show you where the docking stations are – much simpler!

Lance Green
    Participant

Learn a lot …lol

wailian22
    Participant

<p> a louis vuitton pouch uk support program, so whenever you find out your do it yourself sensation disheartened and even below replica louis vuitton belts uk be good to allow your work out buddy replica sunglasses uk how you are feeling. whenever you do not have an real work out partner who could possibly be in an astonishingly location to think about a work out program collectively louis vuitton clearance uk you, you can ask for a detailed buddy to appear to be your current work out louis vuitton messenger bags uk companion. within of the times whenever you’d replica louis vuitton briefcase uk rather by pass the health and fitness center and consume dim chocolate biscuits all day, provide an accountability companion a call up as well as get many louis vuitton clutch bags uk support. That is typically a verified reality that may you dislike something, there is gucci handbags most likely to stay with is actually. because of this, you call up for christian louboutin outlet think about a work out program which you merely genuinely consider satisfaction in and that signifies you can possibly be extra inspired to stick gucci bags it. regardless of whether a man or lady consider a dance category, yoga exercise and even spinning, be good to gucci it and genuinely have enjoyment operating out. If you are not gucci outlet store in the direction of real actual physical physical exercise type signal, you call up for to remember to provide your do it yourself time to acquire accustomed to operating out. Just like something at all, many times will really feel</p>

ashbro
    Participant

I’m very used now to helping casual users scratching their heads at the docking terminals (perhaps we regular users should wear badges in several different languages saying “please ask – I may be able to help”!), but came across a new one yesterday. A casual user had obtained their print out but where the bike release code should be there appeared to be a strange barcode composed of nothing but vertical lines.

It was a while before the penny dropped…the release code was actually 11111!

I guess statistically this must happen once every 243 users – I wonder if it’s caught others out? Maybe they should look at using a font that has serifs since, as it stands, they just appear as vertical lines.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.