Boris bikers picnic

Home Forums Events Boris bikers picnic

This topic contains 32 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Boris 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

matthew barry
    Participant

An excellent idea. Sadly I will be away.

In reply to Mit’s post – yes, Bromley is a good distance out of the zone and is probably a record. Go to this map and add your “spot”

matthew barry
    Participant

Sorry, I messed up the link to the map. This link should work

mit
    Participant

martinc – that makes us neighbours! I live on top of Starbucks, in Minories :)

Boris
    Keymaster

I have set up an event here so we can keep track of numbers.

http://borisbikes.eventbrite.com/

Let me know if you have any problems with registering or if you think the event listing could be improved in any way. I’ll also edit’s the OP to include the link (hope you don’t mind martin)

Don't forget to add your own signature! 1) Click your name in the top left (under Home once logged in) 2) Click Edit link on the left menu 3) Fill in "Your Forum Signature" 4) Click Update Profile

martinc
    Participant

Thanks for setting up the event online! I’ve registered. Pray for sunshine.

SE1 to SW1A
    Participant

Just registered. I’m the other Chris by the way in case you wonder who these Chris’s are. I turned up at the pub meeting in Liv Street in March for about an hour. Hopefully you will be there for a while as i can’t get there till about 8ish as I’ve got a couple of things on that night.

londonchick
    Participant

Again, I am on nights! (I actually don’t have a social life!) But have a good one!

martinc
    Participant

Hello Boris bikers, a reminder that our picnic is a week today so sign up for the event using the link above, or just stick a note on here to say you’re coming so I have a rough guess at numbers. Cheers.

Boris
    Keymaster

Picnic tomorrow evening!

Met office is currently forecasting heaving rain :(

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/london_forecast_temp.html

@martinc, do you have a wet weather plan??

Don't forget to add your own signature! 1) Click your name in the top left (under Home once logged in) 2) Click Edit link on the left menu 3) Fill in "Your Forum Signature" 4) Click Update Profile

martinc
    Participant

We can only hope the evening is warm and sunny, but if not please still come, we will be inside, and I’ll stick notices up to guide you into the building. I’m looking forward to seeing you all, and hopefully some TfL folk we can quiz about the latest on the bike scheme.

Any probs my number is 07986 554836. See you all tomorrow, bring some food and drink to share.

martinc
    Participant

Just an update … looks like rain is indeed heading our way, the back-up venue will be inside All Hallows church, if it is raining when you reach the garden on Byward Street.

I’ve had a call from a chap from the Observer newspaper who is doing a feature on Boris bikes. He is going to join us to hear our views.

Event starts at 6.30pm – see you there.

martinc
    Participant

Indoors or outdoors? I can’t decide if the rain has stopped …

SE1 to SW1A
    Participant

Guys – sorry I won’t be able to make it tonight, circumstances beyond my control… :(

Loshu
    Participant

Sorry you couldn’t make it. We did get to enjoy the garden before heading in the church (oldest in the city) when the rain finally came.

It was really interesting hearing how passionate people were about the scheme – especially Boris.

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

Hope it went well. Did Boris himself really show up?! Hope the tfl people were in listening mode…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.