Boris bikers picnic

Home Forums Events Boris bikers picnic

This topic contains 32 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Boris 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

martinc
    Participant

After the last successful pub outing we suggested a summer Boris bikes picnic. I am happy to host this in the beautiful and fairly private garden on Tower Hill adjacent to Byward Street. I’m going to suggest Tuesday 5 July as the date, of course it won’t suit everyone but let me know if you might be able to come. And Chris, maybe you can invite your TfL contacts too. Thanks.

EDIT : If you are planing to attend the picnic then:

please register here – http://borisbikes.eventbrite.com/

claudia
    Participant

Hi Martin, Sadly, I will be away for the month of July, but the picnic setting sounds so lovely! It’s a wonderful suggestion.

ruth_dt
    Participant

Sounds like a great idea. It depends on the time though, as I’m not really available during the day.

Boris
    Keymaster

Hi Martin. Sounds great. I’m free that evening. I spoke to TfL press office this morning and mentioned the plan and they sound interested. Perhaps we should set up an Eventbrite event (it’s free) so that we can track who and how many people can come. What would you say the capacity of the private garden is?

Also, does any have ideas for how we handle food/drink? In Australia we might suggest each guest “bring a plate” (as in bring a plate of picnic food for everyone to share). Or we could try to collect money and buy a bunch of things in advance. Eventbrite can help with this.

Don't forget to add your own signature! 1) Click your name in the top left (under Home once logged in) 2) Click Edit link on the left menu 3) Fill in "Your Forum Signature" 4) Click Update Profile

Cathryn
    Participant

In NZ, a long time ago, it would have been ladies a plate, gents a bottle. Perhaps everyone a plate, and a kitty for some wine / beer?

iguiyichm
    Participant

First,Thanks for your share!

Does Louis Vuitton have an outlet? Who really knows but you can find some really great deals whether you are looking for a LV authentic or replica.

For more information please visit here

louis vuitton alma

louis vuitton artsy mm

louis vuitton monogram canvas artsy gm

louis vuitton neverfull

louis vuitton artsy

louis vuitton epi leather

louis vuitton speedy 30

louis vuitton luggage

louis vuitton wallets

guiyichm0607

shantaseema
    Participant

After the last successful pub outing we suggested a summer Boris bikes picnic. I am happy to host this in the beautiful and fairly private garden on Tower Hill adjacent to Byward Street.

MySpace Profile Layouts

martinc
    Participant

Great, I need to book the date in the diary and then we can set up an online event. Watch this space.

Food – definitely bring and share. I can provide plates and glasses.

martinc
    Participant

Okay, this is confirmed, come from 6.30pm, and bring your picnic to share. The garden is on Byward Street adjacent to All Hallows Church, and next to the Kitchen, a very nice cafe.

Can you do an Eventbrite thing Chris?

Nearest docking stations are Lower Thames Street, Great Tower Street, Tower Gardens, and Crosswall. I wondered if we might all like to come with our bikes and get a group photo?

mit
    Participant

Crosswall is my local dock, I live round there so will try to make it but it depends whether I remember.

Sadly my Boris Biking days are over for now, as I have a new job in Bromley, which is a 45 minute drive at the best of times :(

On a side note, I saw someone riding a Boris bike in Bromley on Monday in the rain. Must be a record for the furthest spot from the coverage area :)

radii8
    Participant

Replying to @claudia‘s post:

Quote:
    Sadly, I will be away for the month of July, but the picnic setting sounds so lovely! It’s a wonderful suggestion.

Oh nos! :cry:

radii8
    Participant

Replying to @martinc‘s post:

Quote:
    I am happy to host this in the beautiful and fairly private garden on Tower Hill adjacent to Byward Street. I’m going to suggest Tuesday 5 July as the date,

Thanks Martin, this sounds a beautiful venue. I’d love to be there – Tuesday 5 July did you say? :)

I’d appreciate if someone (any volunteers) could please text email (or any other kind of communication) me nearer the time to remind me as I’m notoriously disorganised :roll:

claudia
    Participant

Replying to @radii8‘s post:

I know! I’m disappointed that I’ll miss this one, but hopefully there will be another. Have fun :-)

martinc
    Participant

mit – crosswall is my local too, I’m in Trinity Square, we can’t live far away.

Everyone – yes, it’s 5 July from 6.30pm on Byward Street next to All Hallows church and outside the Kitchen (a nice cafe) in the garden. Inside if raining. Note it in your diary now, but there will be reminders on here.

claudia – so sorry you’ll miss this time :(

Jisabella
    Participant

Great idea – will come if i am free!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.