Bikes2Brixton

Home Forums Love Bikes2Brixton

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Stuc 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

martinc
    Participant

Bikes2BrixtonPlease sign this petition to get Boris bikes extended across Lambeth borough

cyclingnewbie
    Participant

A good cause, but I think the petition is misdirected. If Brixton want the bikes, Lambeth council will have to stump up a big proportion of the cash. Boris can’t do it on his own.

martinc
    Participant

As I’m aware Lambeth Council are very much on side, and I’m sure they will see the result of this petition too. But if decisions on BBs are taken by TfL centrally Lambeth can use this sort of public support to strengthen their case that the bikes are desired by local residents.

Chap
    Participant

It would be nice to have Barclays bikes around Stockwell, Brixton, and Clapham. Sadly, I don’t think there is any motivation for Boris or TfL to expand to the South, and that is something I have heard since the scheme first started. Perhaps, if there is an acceptable financial incentive then they could be persuaded to change their minds.

Stuc
    Participant

I’m not sure that’s the case, I have a hunch it’s more to do with the extra demand. The eastern extension must have a fair amount of two-way commuting, but an extention south would mean a lot of commuting from Clapham/Balham/Streatham (it being such a young professional type area) to the centre. I reckon they would have to install many more docks in the centre before they can extend south.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.