Bikes dumped in Thames at Erith

Home Forums Love Bikes dumped in Thames at Erith

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ian_M
    Participant

Cycling by the river at Erith at low tide today I saw this sorry sight – two Boris bikes in the mud at the edge of The Thames. Evidently they have been thrown over the railings. If Barclays Cycle Hire or TFL are interested in retrieving them I think a big hook on a rope and a couple of strong guys would be all that was needed. I had a GPS device with me and noted down the exact location, which is East 51221 North 78463. I hope someone from Barclays Cycle Hire or TFL to whom this might be relevant reads this. (Naturally I am open to any offers of a reward lol!)

Picture: Bikes in Thames at Erith

martinc
    Participant

Ian – I’m certain a phone call to the cycle hire helpline wouldn’t go astray in case they aren’t looking at our forum. I’d encourage you to call in fact. These bikes are worth nearly £1,000 each so need rescuing.

Matt
    Participant

^^ £1,000 each?! Are you sure?!

radii8
    Participant

They look like ghost Boris Bikes… :(

Ian_M
    Participant

I had a chat about this with a Serco guy today and he said the message had been seen and the bikes had been picked up. In fact he said he’d seen the message himself and reported it. He said the police were sent to retrieve them, which makes sense since it was a crime scene. No reward but I got “Cheers – nice one” and am happy with that.

Matt
    Participant

Aww that’s good :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.