Bent Boris Bike

Home Forums Love Bent Boris Bike

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  papaspoof 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

malcolmb1963
    Participant

Seen at Norton Folgate this evening – definitely been mangled by something.

2011-08-22BentBorisBike.jpg

ashbro
    Participant

I have noticed recently that quite a few bikes have luggage racks that rattle as you go over potholes. Could it be that the bolts are wearing loose due to London’s roads? It’s a tricky one because I don’t want to press the red button and put a bike out of action for just that – but there again, it’s unlikely that the Serco guys will pick up the defect at a brief glance and ultimately the rack might drop off!

malcolmb1963
    Participant

I’ve had the odd loose rack recently but this is actually worse than a few loose screws.

The picture doesn’t show it very well – the rack is bent and the metal appears to be actually torn or ripped. The only thing I can think of that might have done the damage is it being run over by a vehicle. Might have to swing by and see if it’s still there.

jamsandwich
    Participant

Ive had a couple of bikes now with wonky pedals… Some people are either giving the bikes some proper abuse, or taking heavy accident hits!

papaspoof
    Participant

Bent pedals… Ugh!

Even a slightly bent pedal is annoying, and an indication that the bike has taken some abuse. They aren’t the kind of thing you can spot when selecting a bike either :¬(

I’m considering usign a set of security TORX bits and tightening up a few luggage rack bolts, that rattle bugs me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.