Baker Street Docking Station

Home Forums Love Baker Street Docking Station

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  nanimu 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

HalfPintBiker
    Participant

Hello from a newbie! Having keenly followed the discussions so far I thought it is about time make myself known.

I do a Paddington-Baker Street and return every day (and loving it) and have worryingly observed that the Baker Street Dock appears to have been doomed with yellow signs all over it. It’s not listed on the out of service but on TFL’s website but weirdly has disappeared from their little map of docking stations (?).

Does anyone know what’s going on?

Ruzzi
    Participant

The TFL web site cycling section “Docking Station Status” page last updated 22nd June states: Baker Street, out of service due to a power fault, it will reopen as soon as possible

HalfPintBiker
    Participant

Thank god – I called them yesterday to ask what was going on – I wish they would update their site a little more often as it was not listed on there until yesterday : (

I was getting genuinely worried they had decided to demolish it or something, as we have quite a high density of docks around the area here.

HalfPintBiker
    Participant

Dock still out of use… – very frustrating!

HalfPintBiker
    Participant

And its still out of use. I am getting really annoyed – I have emailed twice asking about their proposed time scale for the dock – and have had no answer. I would be happy with someone telling me why its taking them so long to fix the dock – but nothing is very frustrating…

martinc
    Participant

I don’t use that dock often, but the ‘no news’ comment doesn’t surprise me. I’ll email tomorrow to ask as well, maybe a few other people who use the forum could do the same to put some pressure on.

HalfPintBiker
    Participant

Third time lucky! Got a reply this time, although sort of useless, but at least there was a response:

Thank you for your enquiry dated 25 July 2011 regarding the docking station located on Baker Street.

Thank you for taking the time to report this incident, the information has been passed to the relevant department and the current status of the docking station is closed until further notice. As soon as there is any more information available regarding this docking station we will be able to update you accordingly.

We offer our apologies for any inconvenience experienced.

Should you require further information regarding this or any other scheme related matter please contact us on the details below, where one of our Customer Service Representatives will be happy to assist you.

Participant

Don’t forget there is the “Docking Station Status” page on the website.

“Baker Street, out of service due to a power fault, it will reopen as soon as possible”

HalfPintBiker
    Participant

Docking station still out of use for the same reason – I wonder if there is an intention to actually fix it? If Serco is waiting for a third party for whatever reason, they would do well to publish this, because at the moment this is just making them look like a joke.

HalfPintBiker
    Participant

Whoop whoop – another request and some information:

Thank you for your email dated 25 August 2011 regarding the Baker Street Docking Station.

Following your email we have investigated and liaised with our On Street Team who has assured us the docking station should be operational in early September.

Baker Street docking station has been suspended since the 24th June 2011 as a fault had occurred with the batteries powering the terminal.

Should you require further information regarding this or any other scheme related matter please contact us on the details below, where one of our customer service representatives will be happy to assist you.

urban
    Participant

Sorry to be ignorant, but which Baker St docking station? All the ones around the station seem to be fine.

Boris is my dad
    Participant

Baker Street, out of service due to a power fault, it will reopen on 11th October

I witness a vehicle driving over the Main power unit located on the pavement which result in the lose of power i would mean EDF to repair the cables and they may move the unit so that drivers do not remove the unit next time.

HalfPintBiker
    Participant

The one actually called ‘Baker Street’ is half way down towards Oxford Street outside the old Marks and Spencer’s HQ. Out of order since June.

They have now put October as a proposed date, but frankly, I have complained about 5 times, and they have told me a different date every time, so not putting much faith into this. I believe it when I see it!

Ruzzi
    Participant

Looks like its up and running again after a long hibernation

nanimu
    Participant

They provide Fake Lovis Voitton handbags based on the total delegation and top it beats all!The costs of their Fake designer handbags are reasonably priced,evidently suited to my situation.Substantial superior,minimal cost,what is more-my favored raring Replica TAG Heuer watches are also amid their collection!The client Support Representative of advised me that their Breitling montres have to be true and of top quality.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.