Annual fee charged twice – system problem

Home Forums Hate Annual fee charged twice – system problem

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  radii8 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

PM
    Participant

Like quite a few people here I signed up for an annual subscription just over a year ago. I had my account set to automatic renewal, so when the year expired, the first time I used a bike again, the annual fee was taken again.

No problem, that is what is supposed to happen.

A couple of weeks later I get an email telling me that the credit card I have registered is due to expire soon, so I must give them the details of a new card, as otherwise they would have no way of charging past the first 1/2 hour, etc.

Again, no problem, I log into my account, and provide the new card details, and choose to use a card from a different bank.

I was checking my bank statements today, and found that as well as taking the annual payment from the original card, they had taken it again when I had updated the card details on the system. Looking at my account on the Barclays Bike Hire site, my account is £45 in credit.

Now although they have agreed without quibble to refund the second £45 payment, they didn’t quite grasp that there must be something wrong with their system for it to do this.

radii8
    Participant

I never set up automated renewal for this reason. And was given 6 months free! This is why I love Boris Bikes :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.