Add time doesn't work

Home Forums Love Add time doesn't work

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  radii8 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

urban
    Participant

…it was at the Tower Bridge Road docking station yesterday. The home screen showed ‘no docks free’, I went through to nearest available docks, and the ‘add time’ button was greyed out. It meant that I went over the 30 minutes.

I called up CS (who were much friendlier than usual – well, it was a day after payday ;)). They told me to watch out for the £1 coming out of my account and to call them back and they would refund it back into my account.

Now, this raises a few questions: first – as if I’d bother. The money I’d spend on 2 phone calls hardly makes it worth it. And surely, the cost for them, of debiting and then crediting my bank account, is just silly.

Considering that there is a monthly billing cycle, why can’t they just stop the charge being raised on my next bill. Like—any—other—company!

screech
    Participant

I am sure the same greyed out thing has happened to me before when there were no docks free, fortunately I still had plenty of time. But I entirely agree. They should just take it off the system. But they’re banking on you not being bothered to call back.

urban
    Participant

…which is a bit sneaky.

heyanna
    Participant

screech
    Participant

Thinking about it… If no dock is free and the “no dock is free” button is greyed out it’s probably due to one (or more) of the bikes not being put back properly. It is “full” as far as you can see but a bike hasn’t registered as returned so the system still thinks there is an empty docking space.

urban
    Participant

That’s very possible. So it means I’m being overcharged and some poor soul is racking up a £150 bill.

radii8
    Participant

I think a policy needs to be drawn up to cover both eventualities you raise urban. Perhaps a £20 good will refund per docking station error?

radii8
    Participant

There is a massive problem with the payments system right now which is that – unlike any other company in the world – you can’t pay your oustanding right now. No reason at all – it just can’t be done. Despite 4 years in power with acccess to the most important people in the world Boris STILL hasn’t figured this basic business model out. I want to be able to logon to TfL right now and pay my outstanding – not possible.

Even my mate who runs a business on a lot less than TfL’s budget can set up a system whereby I can pay any outstanding bill immediately. Given Boris’s emphasis on ‘value for money’ you might legitamitely wonder WHY can’t a payment system allow subscribers to pay their overdue amount straight away?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.